Chapter 30: Lavi's Heart

Yup there has to be a chapter dedicated to him and his heart hahaha

Lavi's POV

As I carried her to her room all I could think about was her steady heartbeat that soothed my rapidly beating one.

Why was it so hard to ignore her? If I had never met her then my life could have moved on and I could have been a Bookmen without any real problems, but now... I wasn't even sure I could stand to be away from her.

You idiot shut up! You're letting your heart distract you!

I tightened my grip on her and heard her cough. I looked down at her and saw she was looking at me with pain filled eyes.

"La..vi.." I loosened my grip but that didn't make the pained look go away. "I'm so..rry.." I stopped as her body started glowing. Allen and Lenalee looked back.

"Crystal!" She smiled and I knew only one thing was coming out of her mouth.

"Good...bye... la..vi.." Her body started fading and I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

"Crystal! Crystal!" I couldn't stop her from disappearing, but throughout the whole time she just smiled at me.

"Look for the book on the Noah Clan... it's in the library... find it... and you'll understand..." Was the last thing she said before she vanished completely.

"CRYSTAL!!!!!!" I yelled dropping to my knees and crying into my hands. I heard Lenalee start crying as well as Allen held her tightly.

Dammit! You love her why can't you see that?! She's your one weakness!

I got up and wiped my tears away and turned to head back to the library.

"Where are you going Lavi?" Lenalee asked.

"To the library... go get some rest you two. I'll let you know if I find anything." I walked down the hall in silence and into the library. The old panda was sitting at one of the tables looking down at a book.

"Lavi?" He asked concerned by the look on my face.

"Is there a book on the Clan of Noah here?" He seemed shocked that I wanted such a thing.

"Yes, deeper in the library why?" I walked back into the shelves without answering him and finally after what felt like hours found the book Crystal had mentioned before she vanished.

I went back to one of the tables before opening the book and starting to read.

None of this makes any sense! Why would Crystal tell me I would understand when I don't?!

"And the pain of Noah stretched out across the land creating sadness, hatred, pleasure, lust, and dreams..."

This voice in my head... it's Crystal's!

"As his pain created external chaos, his body suffered worse than anything else... he was plagued with illness after illness, suffered through nightmare after nightmare until one day his will and mind snapped, Noah became something dark and twisted... His pain formed into a single being who possessed both the powers of light and dark. This being was made to look holy and innocent while on the inside it was a weapon of mass destruction..."

A weapon of mass destruction?! A holy being made to look innocent...

Was Crystal a Clan of Noah...?