Chapter 28: Soulless Weapon

Such a sad story for Crystal's mother

Lavi's POV

Andrea had made us gather around her and as she chanted a spell light swirled around us.

"As we get there you'll have to be quick, this place is filled with Clan of Noah and Akuma." We all knew the risks of going, but we had to get Crystal back.

As we disappeared I felt a strange sadness overcome me, like someone was trying to tell me to turn back and leave.

When we landed I saw machines everywhere and a giant tube with a person inside. That person was... Crystal!

Andrea grabbed my shoulder and stopped me from moving.

"You have to be quiet... I'll create a distraction that should give you all enough time to break the glass and free her. You don't have long..." Andrea started walking towards the middle of the room as the rest of us bent down behind some boxes. "Shining Bind!" We looked over and Andrea had created a blinding light.

"Go!" The old panda yelled and we rushed out of hiding and straight towards the tube.

"Big hammer, little hammer. Grow! Grow!! GROW!!!!" I slammed my hammer against the glass and I saw it start cracking. Allen shot at it as Lenalee kicked it. It finally shattered and a bunch of blue liquid came out followed by Crystal who landed lightly and didn't move.

"She's out of containment!" Someone yelled. Crystal looked in that direction and started walking towards the voices. The blinding light vanished and Andrea looked at her daughter in shock.

"No..." Crystal put up her hand as she neared the people who enslaved her.

"Die..." Was all she said before light shot out of her hand and went through every single person. As they all fell she turned and looked at us.

"Crystal, please don't harm them. They're your friends!" Andrea said stepping in between her and us.

"Humans enslaved me... tortured me... they all must die..." She took a step forward.

"No, the Millennium Earl enslaved you, the Clan of Noah and Akuma tortured you, the Exorcists have taken care of you." Another step. "If you truly believe all humans are the cause of your pain and suffering then you're no better than the Earl!" She stopped.

"Pain caused... by Earl..." I saw something in her eyes like just a spark of light.

Crystal you're still in there come back!

Crystal's POV

I couldn't stop myself, I was killing without mercy just like I knew I would. I had to stop before I killed my friends.

Andrea tried to get me to stop but that's when I felt something in the back of mind come forward.

*flashback*

"Mommy!" I ran up to Andrea hugging her tightly.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I shook my head.

"Bookman tells me you're leaving... why?" She bent down and touched my head.

"I have to go, but don't worry he'll make sure you have a good home." I frowned feeling tears in my eyes.

"Why aren't you taking me with you?" She touched my cheek.

"Because it's too dangerous, I want you to be safe. Don't worry Bookman will come and see you from time to time." I felt Bookman's hand on my arm and he pulled me back as my mom vanished into sparkling lights.

"MOMMY!!!!"

*flashback over*

Andrea wasn't my sister! She was my mother!

I couldn't hurt her or Bookman who had become like a grandfather to me. I knew I couldn't hurt Allen, Lenalee, or Lavi either.

My body stepped towards Andrea again.

"No! Stop! I'm not a soulless weapon!" I yelled outside of my body.

"Crystal?!" Andrea yelled.

"Stay back! I don't know how long I can control it!" I said looking up at them. "Please just run away... mom... Bookman... Allen, Lenalee, Lavi... I don't want to kill you too."Andrea hugged me tightly.

"Lavi the necklace!" He ran over and wrapped the wing necklace around my neck. I felt a lightness I never knew was possible.

"What did you do to this necklace?" My mother touched my cheek.

"It's blessed with angelic power. As long as you wear that you'll be free from the Earl's control." I smiled and for the first time in a long time I cried.

"Thank you..." I muttered.

"They'll be time for that later, right now you need to transport everyone back." I nodded and looked at all my friends.

"You all ready?" They nodded and I started chanting the teleportation spell, when flames started to rain down.

"Where do you think you're taking my weapon?" The Earl's voice came.

"Crystal, finish the spell. I'm sorry I left you all those years ago. I'm going to make up for it now!" My mother said and blasted light towards the Earl.

"Mom!" She looked back at me and smiled.

"Go my little angel." I finished the spell and as we disappeared I saw Tyki appear behind her.

"Mom! Look out-!" I was too late his hand disappeared into her back and a look of pain appeared on her face as she dropped to the ground.

Everything faded away and as we reappeared I saw the library of the Order.

I dropped to my knees and buried my head in my hands.

"Why... why did you have to be so stupid..." I mumbled and finally I felt the exhaustion.

I collapsed to the floor and let my body sink into a deep sleep.