Chapter 26: Research

Probably going to be a boring chapter sorry

Lavi's POV

I watched as Crystal vanished from the world again and all that was there were those dark heartless eyes.

The Earl was going to pay for what he'd done!

"Lavi..." I looked over at Allen who was coming to finally.

"Hey how are you feeling?" I had gone around and checked to make sure everyone was alright.

"Better did he take her?" I nodded and frowned. "Don't worry we'll get her back."

"We better. I'm going to kill him for doing this." I said harshly.

"Stay calm Lavi, we still need to think reasonably." Lenalee said sitting up, then Andrea and finally the old panda.

"I believe it is time I told you all everything I know about Crystal's condition." He said as we all stood up.

"Wait you knew this was happening to her?!" I asked glaring at him.

"Yes, because I knew the Silverwing family. Andrea remembers me while Crystal does not. You must understand when I heard about what the Millennium Earl did to her I searched up and down for a cure for her illness. I could find no such cure..." Andrea nodded to confirm that this was true.

"Then why didn't you say anything?" He sighed.

"I've known for a while that you've grown attached to her Lavi, telling you about this would only make you want to stay closer to her. You must understand I was doing this for your own good. But back to the topic of concern, the engraving on her heart and soul has messed with humanly features such as sleep, hunger, feeling, and her heart and memories. As you can see they can be transferred over to her human form though normally only for a short time period. Knowing that it has extended to weeks concerns me because I believe that she is becoming a true angel."

"A true angel?" Allen asked.

"Yes, a true angel has no heart or soul, they are made into weapons. They kill for their creator, if Crystal is forced to become one... we all will very well die. And if we can't find a way to reverse it them she will be stuck like this forever." Lenalee gasped.

"How do we reverse it?!" I was curious about the answer myself.

"To my knowledge there isn't a way to reverse it, but we're going to go back to Order to look through the records for something."

"Then why are we just standing here?!" Andrea said.

"Andrea I think you should go back to the Asia Branch and look through their records as well. I'm not familiar with the Asia Branch's records." The old panda said and I could see the sadness across her face.

"Very well, I'll let you know if I find anything."

When we returned to the Order news had spread about Crystal's secret, however no one seemed angry at her only the Earl.

"Why can't I find anything in these books?" Lenalee yelled and stomped her foot down.

"Just keep looking there's bound to be something." I called over my shoulder and went back to reading the book I had found.

Something about an engraving on an item caught my attention. I started from the top of the page and worked my way down:

"An item that is engraved with the blessings of an angel can reverse the effects of the Angel Toxicosis. It is believed that angels appear to those in need, but most likely they appear to the one who has the blood of an angel coursing through their veins."

Blood of an angel... angel needed to save Crystal...

"Hey guys I think I just found our answer!"