Chapter 23

I didn't know what I could do. I felt healed. There was no way I could defend myself from a general though. Clearly, he still had connections. People would cover for him and not me. Gods, and I made Raz leave. I told him I didn't want him around. I was rude. I would get what is deserved now. He grabbed me by the throat, pushing me into the wall. "You're going to die now. I can't have you influencing my son anymore, or this nation," the general replied. I couldn't help but feel like this is too much. I wish someone would stop interfering with my death. I thought I was hearing things when I heard the sound of bone clanking behind us.

"You really think you're going to be able to harm him?" I heard Alexa's voice. I turned my head to see her, with three large skeleton warriors, with rotting flesh clinging to their frame. They all wore heavy armor, and one carried a large sword, one a staff with an onyx glowing stone in the center and one a white crossbow that resembled a rabbit skeleton, with a thin red metal coating around the frame. "You really are a foolish girl," the general said. "Yeah, but you didn't think we wouldn't check up on him, did you?" She asked. I couldn't believe that someone actually showed up in time. How do they do this? I wondered. "You okay, Zeke?" she asked.

I didn't answer. "Zeke?" she said again. "Y-yeah," I mumbled. "Well, I think it's time you released him, don't you?" she asked calmly. I somehow could tell that her calm wasn't genuine. She was fighting the urge to lose her focus and cool, and I don't know how much longer she would remain in control. "How did you even get here on time?" the general asked. "General Hukls, I see you don't know how to handle your sentence," I heard another person enter the room. Raven said. "You really think I can be held prisoner in a place for decades I put the worst criminals?" he demanded.

"That's why I thought it would be most fitting," Raven told him. He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a pocketknife. He clicked the button, and a curved six-inch blade jammed it into my side, and I gasped in pain. I looked down, and the hilt of the knife buried into my left side of my abdomen. Blood trickled down around the hilt. Two skeletons lurched forward, grabbing the general, pulling him away from me. "Jesus, Zeke. It's a good thing you're already in the hospital," Alexa commented, approaching me.

The blood puddled around my feet. "I'm sorry," I told her. "Stop," she warned. "Raven?" Alexa asked. "Don't worry. He's going back, and in isolation," Raven promised. "Good, and I'll send two of the most powerful liches that I can summon to keep guard. They will obey no one but Hades and myself. He will leave the authority to me though," Alexa replied. "Good, we won't have to worry about jailbreak," Raven said. "Zeke, don't move," Alexa ordered. Raven ran out to find a doctor. I collapsed on the ground. Alexa opened a portal, the two skeletons and Alexa walked through it, dragging general Hukis with them.

He screamed and fought in defiance. He was no match for the supernatural strength of the skeleton warriors. The portal closed behind Alexa, as the door opened with two nurses, Raven, and an older male doctor. Balding, wrinkled skin. Dull green eyes. "How are you always getting hurt?" he asked. They lifted me up, helping me to the bed. They gently sat me down, moving my feet to the bed, keeping me flat on the bed. The nurses were there to help soak up the blood. "We need to get him into surgery," Raven said firmly.

"That won't be necessary. I can cauterize the wound," Sally said entering the room. "When did you get here?" Raven asked. "It was my turn to take him to school, and then I was notified about what happened. So, let me help," she replied. The doctor nodded. "That would avoid surgery. Okay, are you ready?" he asked her. Sally nodded. She held her hands out, ready. The doctor slightly wiggled the knife, and I grunted in pain. "Easy, this is going to hurt. I'm going to try to make this as easy as possible," he promised me. "I know, just hurry," I grunted. I tried to ignore the pain, but now it was impossible. I couldn't avoid it anymore.