(Part 2 )

I have always wondered why I keep having these dreams. They showed an ancient nation. Separated based on the gods and the primordial powers at be. I do believe in the gods. The are the ones that make up our natural order and grant the priests and the mages the powers. We all rely on the gods for our food, powers, and lives. They have children though seemed a little off to me. The only confusing part was why I was having the dreams that show me leading the nations into war?

I never understood what I was seeing. Everything seemed a bit blurry and confusing. I have read a lot of stories, so my imagination must have been going crazy. No histories in anything I have read, ever talked about Nyx, or Apollo, Hades, or any of them having children. Even the gods under them didn't have kids. They were essences of power that flowed through the world. Not a physical manifestation.

Not even the priests or the rulers of the world ever gave signs that the gods were a real entity. What reason would they have? Like all religious facts, the gods may have influence over our lives, but as a being that can physically manifest and talk to you? I doubt that. As much as I believe in Nyx, Zeus and the others who balance the world out. I don't see them walking down the street or having an actual form.

Now, does that mean I don't think they should be respected? Of course not. I have much respect for them. I have been taught too. Without the gods, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have everything I do have. Albeit it isn't much. Things would take a drastic turn in my world after my seventeenth birthday. I never realized the truth of the world could be so cold and cruel. I didn't know that everything was truly falling apart around me and that I would be the one to change that.

How could I, a lonely orphan and servant to the nation, be important or make a difference? I was informed that I had a large role to play in the grand scheme of events outside of my sight, but how could that be? Were fates toying with me? Would they end up having me die in some gruesome execution or be the entertainment for the nobles? From what the dreams told me, the ancient rulers were kind and respectful people. They should come to knock some decency in the current hierarchy.

As much as they need to be knocked down a peg. I couldn't do anything about it. I only tried to exist. I only tried to get out of high school and maybe see about doing everything I could to keep my grades up and go to a distant university and maybe become something useful for the nation. I wanted to prove that I could be important to society, instead of a wash out. Nothing was easy though. Only time would tell if I could reach the goal or if I would fall into the dark abyss of the norm.