Prologue

Since the beginning of the universe as we know it, the supernatural world has affected the shape of the day and night. Dozens of Deities have altered the world. The gods and goddesses of the universe have coexisted together for eons. Sometimes in harmony, sometimes in chaos. The Deities have shaped the mortals of our world. A couple of the gods who helped the humans have been punished for eternity. Prometheus being the major one who brought fire and life to the humans.

The Primordial's of the universe have always restricted direct contact to the humans. The gods through the centuries have mated with humans and created demigods. These children are powerful, hardwired for combat and quick with reflexes. The children of the gods are brought to a military camp created by the empire. The children are trained and prepared to be the ultimate army that leads the others into combat and to subdue any threats aimed at the emperor.

A couple of the smaller nations have banned together to increase their strength. These smaller nations didn't have the military power to repel invaders on their own. So, they combined their powers between several of their neighbors with unique strengths and skills. The empire mustered the strongest military strength, discipline, focus, honor, and integrity. They even have the most powerful mages in the world. The emperor feared the combined nations rising up against him.

A story needs to be told about the empire that stretches far into the future. The world isn't like what anyone planned. All the continents remained connected like a giant jigsaw puzzle. I have seen the rise and fall of emperor after emperor fall in a treacherous death. The gods have intervened in their child's lives in order to give them warning about the emperor's deaths. They also take sides with the empire more than the other nations surrounding it.

Each one of the nation's relates to a specific Deity of the elements that have brought the world to where they are now. Fire, Water, Air, Lightning, Light, Night, Death, Earth, and Life. These powerful immortals hold sway and domain over others. Most of the times all the gods can get along fairly well, but occasionally, they tend to be erratic and can lash out against each other. I'm needing to get the word out that the gods have been planning to unleash destruction upon the populace.

Disease, famine, plague is some of the basic things that humans suffered through the centuries. I only hoped that throughout the years, we could stop the death and suffering that people dealt with. I wanted to be a part of a world where that stopped. I wanted to live with friends and family who are happy and safe. So much has shaped our world. I've watched a lot of people die in horrible battles and deaths that weren't necessary.

Too many friends over the years perished without any rhyme or reason. I went on several missions through my government. They trained a small group of us in special tactics and fighting styles. Martial arts, that only a select few would receive. They wanted to warp me into a powerful weapon. A soldier that was an unstoppable killer. I didn't find out until much later what the end game was for my future. I didn't grow up in royalty, wealth, or prestige.

I rose through the ranks of those around me. I earned my position within the army. I wanted to protect those that needed me. I wanted to help those that couldn't help themselves. I always envisioned myself as a warrior of light disregarding my upbringing and where I live. I fought to bring the world from the brink. I hoped my actions weren't in vain. Everyone around me always shunned my nation. The land of eternal night. We were constantly being judged as one by the others with the land of death. Our two nations linked together for support, protection and to avoid constant allegations from others.

I hoped to depict our two nations in a better standing with the others. This is where we begin. I leave this beginning topic to the start of the journey that will shape the world as we know it. Everything changed for me during a sweltering summer night. Under shimmering bright stars and a full moon. I walked out of my family's house and stared up into the night sky. I originally expected it to be a normal calming and hot night. Things didn't go as planned.