The snake coiled in on itself, and then sprung. The speed at which Najash moved scared and amazed me. I didn't think Mikai could deflect it. The swords swung high and low and in a spinning arc in a blur that created a vortex of wind that blasted out, slowing the snake down. "Foolish snake. You lost the last time threatening Zeke, and now you're going to falter again!" Makai shouted over the roar of the wind. "I will not fail again!" Najash hissed, spraying acidic spittle. I saw the smoke from the poisonous spray as it dissipated in the air.

The swords spun like an industrial fan in a factory. The column of air that bellowed and almost flattened the flowers, and bushes. Bent the trees. Najash then coiled back up and spun himself like a frisbee in the opposite direction of the wind current. He pushed against himself over and over again. He ended up cutting through the wind. He managed to push himself through the wind current and clashed with Mikai. The knight stumbled back, almost dropping his swords. He managed to hold onto them, bringing them up, as Najash's tail slammed into him. He stumbled back.

"Foolish knight. You don't have the strength to oppose me. You think you're powerful, but you are linked to a weak mortal. He doesn't have the strength to stand against me," Najash hissed laughing. "You're wrong," Makai replied calmly. I closed my eyes to focus on Makai and his position. I could see everything through his eyes. I didn't have to directly look at what was happening. I could see it through Makai's eyes. I focused on the fight, and on the knight. I thought hard about his speed, reflexes, strength being enhanced.

I felt something snap within me. I opened my eyes, and saw Mikai's swords flashing, downward thrusts, upward cuts, arcing in opposite directions. Najash's tail whipped around, trying to strike. The blades were moving too fast and slicing too fast for the tail to make contact. Mikai managed to keep Najash away from him. I doubt he could defeat him. The snake didn't seem to be alive. A loud groan next to me brought me out of focus with the fight. "Raz?" I called. I looked down, and he blinked. "What's going on?" He asked. I didn't know how to answer this.

"I'm not sure how to answer that question," I confessed. He went to stand up, with me helping him. He almost lost his balance, but I managed to catch him. "I'm not being a good guard, am I," he muttered. "You have saved me plenty of times. It's my turn," I told him firmly. He sighed. "Is that knight from you?" Raz asked. "Yes," I told him. "He won't be able to defeat him, unless he gets regen magic enhancements," Raz told me. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I'll show you. It'll be easier. He must accept it though. Considering he's from the shadow realm. What I'm proposing may hurt him," Raz warned. 'Makai? Would you accept Raz's regen enhancement? He told that' the only way to really beat Najash.' I mentally said.

Makai glanced in our direction. He gave me a slight nod. "Go ahead," I told Raz. He took a deep breath. He closed his eyes, and the next moment, both huge swords were encased in a brilliant, molten pure white shimmering light, like flame. Najash hissed in pain and rage. "How dare you cheat! How dare you go against your goddess!" the snake roared. "HE GOES AGAINST ME NOT! YOU HAVE FORSAKEN THE OATH THAT ALL IMMORTAL HAVE AGREED UPON. NOW YOU PAY!" the female voice from earlier announced through the night. I saw movement all around us. At first, I thought they were more minions.

I soon realized that there were people coming to check to see what was going on. They all came when the voice boomed through the night. Could that actually be Nyx? Why would she speak out now? I wondered. "NO!" Najash screeched. I felt Makai's discomfort from the brilliant light, but he fought against it. "He can't resist the light for long. He needs to make this quick," Raz told me. I heard worry in his voice. I also heard pain. Makai's blades swung and sliced up and down Najash's body. I never heard a snake make a sound like screeching metal before.

Whatever enchantment was on the swords, it really hurt him. I usually don't stand for violence, but I know in this case. There's no choice in the matter. Najash smacked hard into Makai's armor hard, and I heard it dent a little. The knight stumbled and stood with a hunched back. "Is he okay?!" I demanded. "He'll be fine. He's linked to you. The only way to truly hurt him..." Raz didn't finish. He just looked at me. Oh. I would have to be harmed or killed. "Why would I have that kind of power to summon him anyways?" I asked. The pained expression didn't leave his face. "That's not my place to say," he finally responded.