Then she looks at me with disdain before moving on so we can head to school. "Okay, so you were right. Clearly, this is going to be interesting and eventful," I replied as we all hustled out the door and walked at a quick pace down the sidewalk. We crossed the street when no cars were on the way. Xavier and I didn't want to deal with that old fool again. Half the orphanage followed us. The others didn't seem to care or just weren't paying attention, lost in conversation. "I wonder if Inos is going to be there again?" Xavier wondered, almost gushing. I gave him a curious look. "You think he's cute?" I asked casually.

He froze and looked at me. "I...didn't mean...I mean, oh shit," he mutters, face blazing red and slightly turning purple in embarrassment. "Hey, personally I think he's a good-looking man as well. I don't see a problem with that at all," I said trying to diffuse the guilt and shame Xavier was feeling. He still stammered and tried to apologize to me. I told him that he didn't need to say sorry so much. "I just don't want you to think I was a fa-"and I cut him off before he could finish the self-insult. "You mean you didn't want me to think you were gay? Why would I care?" I asked him.

He only stared at me and blinked in stunned silence. "You mean you don't care?" I gave him a droll look. "Whether you are or not. Why would I give a damn?" I countered. He still didn't know what to think or say. "I guess everyone is so concerned with labels or who is into who. I thought you would care," he admitted. I draped my arm over his shoulder as we walked down the sidewalk. "You worry too much about others," I told him. "You don't?" He countered. I laughed softly. "Okay, so sure. I do care to a point. You should still be happy with yourself. You have nothing to be ashamed of," I say.

He only shrugged and shook my arm away. "I know you don't want to admit it to the school and besides it not being their business and how they'll act. You don't have to hide it from me. I think Inos is a good-looking man. So, personally you have good taste," I said winking. He laughed softly. "Just know you can be yourself around me," I assured him. "Thanks man," he whispered with a soft smile. We crossed the street and went up another two blocks. We finally got to the school and traffic seems to be more intense today.

"Something is definitely going to happen today," Xavier commented. We walked to the gates and the security all circled around keeping an eye on something that could threaten the school again. They all eyed me sharply. They seem to remember what happened more than a week ago and somehow these were newly hired. They still seem to know of me at the very least. We passed through without incident and we headed into the main entrance. We crossed the large yard towards the main entrance. I passed through the yard so many times that I never took notice of the giant oak and elm trees.

The shade trees that grew with the bone white leaves. I don't know how I could have missed the beauty in them. "You look like you've never seen the trees before," Xavier observed. I laughed softly. "I guess in a way I haven't. I mean, it's hard to explain. I never took much notice of them before. I don't know why, but they seem to stand out more now," I told him. He nodded in understanding. "It took me a while to fully notice everything myself," he told me. We went to the main doors and entered through them and passed the office.

The large cafeteria seemed brighter than normal, everything repaired. The lights were glowing more intensely in the fixtures. The walls brighter. "I see they fixed everything and even improved the building. "Yeah, but nothing really changed. The jocks still rule, they are jackasses and think we are scum still. Some of the teachers feel the same way. I don't think anything really changed that much," he told me. "No, I wouldn't think things would have changed much," he replied. We walked to the center of the cafeteria and went towards our lockers.

Ms. Canel approached me and wanted to talk to me about our discussion from before. I stepped aside with her away from the others. "I looked into the report of your alleged cheating and even though the school is claiming you have. I have filed against them that you haven't and based it on my reputation as a teacher. Not only that. My sister is at the citadel. I have put in a request against this witch hunt. She's looking into it and her interaction has stopped the incarceration against you," she told me. I sighed in relief, but I couldn't help but ask, "Why?"