14. Magic research

Elise: royal alchemist?! But wasn't Dregu in that position.

Nano: well, he was in the meeting too, he was thr one who appointed me as the new royal alchemist, he told orpheus i had way more knowledge that him.

Durin: alt least you have a new position.

Nano: and a new apprentice.

Mogens: do you mean, Dregu?

Nano nods silently, then Dregu approaches them.

Dregu: exactly, at the time i was working with nano in the sewage blueprints, i found out that his knowledge of alchemy is far beyond the ones of the royal alchemist position, maybe of all therabilia, and my own, that is why i decided to give the position to nano if he made me his apprentice.

Mogens: guess what, nano is my magic apprentice too.

Dregu: magic apprentice?

Nano: yes, even if my knowlege in scie-i mena alchemy is superior, i have almost zero knowledge about magic, and mogens used to study magic here in Peiris, but his magic properties were low, anyways, now he teaches me everything he knows regarding magic.

Dregu: my master is also a student, what a turn of events.

Nano's appointment as a new alchemist researcher by the Axis and his subsequent selection as the royal alchemist of Pydnan under Dregu's mentorship marked a significant advancement in his career. As he settled into his new role, Nano faced skepticism from some of the seasoned alchemists in Pydnan's research division. They attempted to undermine his authority and knowledge, but Nano quickly proved his expertise by correcting their misconceptions and showcasing his proficiency in alchemical principles.

However, Nano encountered a challenge in the realm of magic research, an area where his understanding was limited. Recognizing this gap in his knowledge, Mogens generously shared his insights and expertise gleaned from his previous studies. With Mogens' guidance and support, Nano began to familiarize himself with magical concepts, expanding his repertoire and enhancing his capabilities as an alchemist researcher.

Mogens provides Nano with a comprehensive overview of magic and its various forms, explaining that magic is an omnipresent energy that permeates both living beings and inanimate objects. He delineates the four primary types of magic:

1. Earth Magic: Grounded in the solidity and stability of the planet, earth magic enables practitioners to manipulate soil, stone, and vegetation. They can shape landscapes, cultivate crops, and communicate with plant life through their attunement to the earth's vibrations.

2. Air Magic: Centered on the invisible currents that traverse the world, air magic grants mastery over winds, storms, and the very breath of life. Air mages can achieve flight, telekinesis, and wield formidable control over the atmosphere.

3. Fire Magic: Harnessing the transformative power of combustion and energy, fire magic allows practitioners to summon flames, control temperature, and manipulate heat energy. Skilled fire mages can forge structures with molten metal and exhibit prowess in combat.

4. Water Magic: Drawing upon the fluidity and adaptability of water bodies, water magic empowers users to manipulate water in all its forms, from shaping ice to controlling tides. Water mages possess healing abilities, purification skills, and can commune with aquatic life.

In addition to these classical elements, Mogens introduces Nano to the enigmatic realm of electricity magic. Unlike traditional elements, electricity is a natural phenomenon with immense magical potential. Currentweavers, practitioners of electricity magic, harness the raw power of energy to create electric fields, control electronic storms, and pioneer new techniques at the intersection of magic and technology. Despite its novelty, electricity magic holds immense promise for innovation and advancement in the magical arts.