Chapter 9

When Juvia and Meredy walk onto the stage, there's a warm wave of applause welcoming them as they bow down to greet the audience. They look at each other one more time before the bluenette lifts up the violin gracefully and Meredy's hands press onto the piano key.

A soft and gentle tune emits from the violin as Juvia pulls the bow gracefully, the melody is light and soothing. In contrast to her shy personality, Juvia's way of playing the violin has always been graceful, full of pride, and yet so sweet and delighted. Her facial expression is calm, eyes closed as Juvia gets in touch with her soul, allowing the audience to feel the wave of emotion through her music.

Unlike any other musician who chooses pieces that are sophisticated and polished to show their techniques, Juvia's choice of music is soft and gentle, yet delicate and beautiful.

Salute D'Amore...Love's greeting...

A piece of music composed by Edward Elgar, a song that was dedicated to his beloved Carice...

Her music, although not as luxurious as the others, can draw other people's attention and brings joy to their heart. The sound coming from her violin is beautiful, pure and so kind...

Just like mother...

Jellal looks at the young bluenette on the stage, his hand grips tightly onto the white dress shirt. His heart aches with the feeling that he has long forgotten, peaceful and happy...

"It's beautiful, right?" Erza smiles "Such gentle sound, so tender and full of love."

"Yeah, it is..."

"Jellal, what are you going to do?" she asks worriedly.

"I...I don't know..."

Gray is standing on the other side of the stage, mesmerized by the performance. Although not know the name of the song or the meaning behind it, for some reason, he can feel his heart racing and his face heating up, welcoming the warm feeling.

From his stand, the raven head can see, the way Juvia plays her violin. Her movement is graceful, gentle yet firm. Every time the bow strokes the violin strings, it creates a smooth melody that pleasant to the ears. The sound is vibrant, bright and pure, it feels like Juvia is captivating everyone with her amazing performance.

The light shines on Juvia as she finishes the song, her eyes are closed as she still stands in the same posture, letting herself sink into a moment of silence. When she opens her eyes again, Juvia is welcomed with a wave of applause. The children are looking at her in awe and admiration, their eyes glitter with excitement. The adults and elders are pleased, clapping their hands as Juvia and Meredy bow to the audience.

"That was amazing, Juvia!" Levy exclaims when Juvia comes backstage "Lucy cried when she heard your performance."

"It was so beautiful!" the blonde sniffles as Natsu laughs and ruffles her head gently.

Lyon walks up to give Meredy a warm hug, telling her how wonderful the performance was and the pink head giggles, her face blushes bright red. Juvia smiles at the sight before she looks around, hoping to see a certain raven head. She doesn't have to wait long because the best wingman of the gang, Loke, has pushed Gray closer to her.

"Gray-sama!"

"Juvia..." midnight blue eyes look at her "That performance was simply magnificent."

She looks at him, her lips curl into a soft smile and a blush adorns her face. The way he compliments her is so genuine, so sincere it makes her heart swell. Unlike last time when he stammered a lot, Gray says those words as if he's stating a fact, a fact that brings a blissful smile to her.