Chapter 5

Gray's dark blue eyes observe every movement of the girl in front of him, puzzling. He can tell that something is a bit...off...

Normally, Juvia would be all chirpy like a little bird, talking and asking about his day. She would smile brightly with a cute blush adorns her cheek, yet now...

Juvia has been quiet since he got here, too quiet to his liking. Although the bluenette welcomes him with a sweet smile, her odd behavior does not go unnoticed. He tries to start a conversation, hoping to know what's bothering her but she only responds to him with a soft nod, acknowledge his presence in the room.

Did I do something to make her mad?

Even now, when they're eating at the same table, she still hasn't opened her mouth to say a word.

"J-Juvia..."

She raises her head, wearing a complex expression on her face.

"D-did I do something that makes you mad?"

She nervously bites the bottom lips, averting her gaze. Meredy told her several things about the girl name Lucy:

        · Lucy Hearfilia

        · 2nd student

        · Major in Language and Literature

        · A member of the newspaper club

        · Relationship status with Gray Fullbuster: it's c.o.m.p.l.i.c.a.t.e.d

Complicated...

Juvia doesn't know how to react when she heard that word. She doesn't want to believe that her beloved Gray-sama has his eyes on someone else, just think about it shatters all her hopes and dreams of one day that she can confess her love to him.

And then, there's Gajeel, who didn't give her a clear answer and instead, told her to ask Gray. She doesn't want to ask him, the thought of hearing the truth scares her, especially from him.

"I-if I've done something wrong, I'm sorry..."

She looks at him again, there's a glint of confusion in her eyes. Should she ask him about that girl? Or should she just stay silent and let it passes?

"Juvia?"

"S-she's sorry, Gray-sama." she sighs "Juvia doesn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"Did something happen? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Juvia is just..." she stops herself for a moment before continues "Is it okay for Juvia to ask you about something?"

"Go on, what is it?" he responds immediately, and a bit eager, too.

"Uhm, s-she saw you sitting with your friends a few days ago and, uhm, you were..."

Gray stares at her, not quite sure if he gets what she's trying to ask and Juvia is very nervous that she's stumbling over her words.

"Is something wrong?"

"W-well, she wants to ask about, uhm, the b-blonde girl who sit n-next to you..."

The raven head blinks a few times, finally understands the context of Juvia's question. The bluenette seems to be interested in his friends, maybe it's a cue that it's time for him to introduce her to them? Juvia doesn't have a lot of friends and he sometimes spots her in the cafeteria, eating her homemade bento alone.

"You mean Lucy?"

"So her name is Lucy..." she smiles a bit but he picks up a weird signal from her "I-is Lucy-san your girlfriend?"