Chapter 1

Gray looks at the weird black thing that is still sizzling on the pan and frowns. Pancake isn't supposed to be like this, right?

Scanning through the description on the box one more time, the raven head doesn't understand how and why the final product can turn out to be like this. Pancakes are supposed to look fluffy, with a golden brown surface that begs to be coated with a slice of butter and maple syrup.

Gray sighs in defeat, not knowing what to do or how to fix it. All he wants is to eat pancakes, the same dish that his aunt, Ur Milkovich, has made for him when he was young. Looking at the black stuff on the pan, he huffs a bit. He should have known that moving out and live alone wasn't an easy task, especially when he has absolutely no cooking skills. Besides the usual bento boxes that he buys in the convenience store, Ur and Ultear will come over sometimes to make sure that the Fullbuster boy has a healthy diet.

"Damn it..."

His stomach is growling as Gray mumbles a string of words that only he can understand. Turning off the stove in a forceful way, the raven head throws the spatula into the sink. His facial expression anything but pleased, a vein pops on his forehead as Gray ready to serve himself another bento box of the convenience store near his place.

Gray is very hangry...

*DING DONG*

The raven head glares at the front door, a murderous sight appears in the midnight blue eyes as he's ready to break the door. He's both hungry and irritated, the last thing he wants to do is to meet someone when his empty stomach is being ignored. The doorbell rings again and Gray sighs, running a hand through his black hair annoyingly while walking to the door and opens it.

"Yes?"

Standing in front of him is a young lady around his age, with ocean blue hair, blue eyes and a cute blush that adorns her face.

"Uhm, e-excuse me. My name is J-Juvia Lockser, y-your neighbor next door..."

"Ah, hello." he nods his head "So?"

"S-sorry for the sudden visit but, uhm..." she lowers her head, trying to find the right words "Lately, y-your room is quite harmful? D-don't get it wrong b-but she smells burning and sounds that similar to explosions. She's worried so..."

He freezes a bit upon hearing the word "harmful". His place? Harmful...?

Gray turns his head away, the word "harmful" begins to fill up his brain. He never notices that his apartment has a burning smell or an explosion or anything like that. Sure, he put tin foil in the microwave once but that can't be counted as an explosion, right?

"Don't laugh..." he bites his bottom lip, averting his gaze away from the young girl.

"Laugh?! Juvia would never laugh at you, Gray-sama!"

Gray turns to look at her again, this time nervously admit his own failure in cooking.

"I...How should I say this? I was getting tired of lunch boxes at the convenience store so...uhm...I was c-cooking..."

The look on Juvia's face is priceless. Her blue eyes open widely as she stares at him, the burning smell and the explosion are the results of Gray's cooking skill? She then asks him about the dish that he wants to make, offering Gray a helping hand but he quickly turns down her offer. He doesn't want to trouble Juvia.

However, they both startle when a loud grumbling sound comes from none other than Gray's very own stomach. He blushes a bit, feeling embarrassed at the situation while Juvia just gives him a warming smile.