Chapter 8

Meredy looks at her friends, noticing how Juvia's face is getting paler when the man came in. Although she doesn't know what's going on between them, the pink head comes to her side, almost shielding her away from him the same way Gajeel is doing right now.

Juvia bites her bottom lips, holding the violin closer as a sign of defense. The bluenette thought to herself how she should be happy, happy for seeing the person she has wished to meet for such a long time. But this sudden encounter scares her, not only for her own safety but for his as well.

If that man is here, then that person must be here as well. Does he know about this? Does he know about his participation? Does he know about Juvia's participation? How could she be so stupid, joining this event with a simplistic mind and not even once, considering that he might attend it as well?

"This is Jellal, a friend of mine. He will perform for the event as well." Erza smiles "I ask him to come here so I can introduce him to you guys."

The man, although smiling and waving at all her friends, hasn't taken his eyes away from a certain bluenette. Gray notices this, how those forest green eyes bore into his neighbor, making her uncomfortable to the point that Gajeel and Meredy have to shield her away. He turns to Gajeel, who gives him a look before motioning him to get closer.

When the raven head finally stands by Juvia's side, he is shocked at her vulnerable sight. She looks exactly like a damsel in distress, with both arms wrap themselves around her body, bringing the violin case as close as possible. He notices the way she squirms uncomfortably in her seat, the small shoulders jump slightly whenever the name 'Jellal' is mentioned. Her face is paler than before as cold sweat starts to form on her skin.

"Juvia?"

Gray kneels down and lowers his voice so that only Juvia can hear it. She jumps a bit and turns her attention to him, blue eyes full of confusion, fear and despair.

"Is something wrong?"

She bites her bottom lips, shaking her head in response but Gray doesn't buy it, not when he sees the tears start to form in the corner of her eyes.

"Gray, I heard that Juvia is also participating, right?" the red-haired woman asks "Come and introduce her to Jellal."

Erza doesn't mean any harm, in her mind, she thought that by introducing Juvia to Jellal then maybe he can aid the young girl in the near future as they study the same major. Gray looks at her then turns to Juvia, hesitating as he doesn't know what to do. Juvia doesn't seem to welcome the young man but Erza insists that they should at least know each other face.

"I'm sorry but Juvia is not feeling well, I think I will take her home." said Gray when he sees how fragile the bluenette is.

"What? Juvia is sick?"

Erza walks towards them, behind her is Jellal with a complex expression on his face. When they finally get closer to her, Juvia's whole body tensed, knowing those green eyes are on her. She tries to clear her mind by ignoring the elephant in the room and focusing on her own breathing, the tactic works, as her shoulders start to relax and her stomach hurt less than a few minutes ago.

"Are you okay?"

"Juvia is fine, she's sorry for worrying everyone."

Come on Juvia, stay calm. It's your beloved brother, the one who loves you dearly...

She tries to remind herself of how kind and gentle her brother is, how he always stands by her side and supports her no matter what, how he always protects her from everything. He is her beloved brother, after all.