Chapter 15

Amelia's POV :-

I spend ten minutes wandering about the school before heading back to class when the bell rings.

I have to keep an eye out for Chris and Ian. I can't just make myself seem stupid anymore.

No. Not at all.

How on earth am I going to question him about last night without getting lost in his eyes?

Daniel is seated in the seat next to mine when I go into the classroom.

He nods at me, and I give him a smile.

"Hey. Daniel, good morning." "Where's your phone?" He asks me, ignoring what I just said and folding his arms over his chest. He sounded mad.

I reach into my pocket for my phone. 

17 missed calls. 5 new messages. 

Alright, shit.

I smiled at him as he arched a perfect eyebrow at me and demanded an explanation for my carelessness.

"In actuality, uh. How have I missed your calls? I don't know. My phone could have been muted." I instantly unmuted my phone.

He gives a head shake but says nothing.

Thank God.

How did you get home? Last night." I took a seat and started looking through my phone.

"Ian dropped me." I simply blurted it out without thinking.

But when his head whipped around to face me, I realized.

"He did?" Skeptical in tone, he voiced his question.

"Yes. Why do you seem shocked, exactly?" I narrow my eyes and rest my chin on my elbow, focusing all of my concentration on him.

"More like shock." I heard him murmur something beneath his breath.

weird.

"It doesn't appear like he might help you. You know. He's the school's golden boy, so far as I've heard. Yeah? prideful. Insensitive. Inaccessible." He puts his hands behind his head and shrugs.

"You sure? There's no one to trust here. They'll kick your ass behind you after licking the same ass in front of you. You don't even know him yet." I snicker.

I'm not defending him. All I want is for Daniel to not believe unfounded rumors that keep circulating throughout the school.

"Hmm...and you do?"

Do I?

Even though I've known him for a long time, I don't truly know him.

Daniel is waiting for my reply, but I just shrug and don't say anything.

"Why are you so talkative all of a sudden?" I would rather not talk about the ocean-blue-eyed beast.

"Perhaps this is just how I am." When Mrs. Stone walks into the classroom, he sits up straight after giving me a sly smile. 

After what seems like five hundred years, class ends.

Chris and Ian have not shown up for class. 

Not that I was trying to find them. I only became aware of it now.

"All right, let me tell you about the assignment's topic. All of you seem eager, I hope." Why does the class look to be dead already in the morning? Mrs. Stone asks.

"All right. Even if you're not thrilled, you still need to do it." With a playful grin, she shrugs, causing everyone to whine collectively.

"Shakespeare's plays are widely included in our course syllabus, as you are aware. Thus, I'd want everyone of you to choose a play and write a review of the literature."