Chapter 3

Ian's POV :-

Unreadable."

That's what I am. 

Nobody can guess what's been running through my mind. 

People who think they know me are fucking idiots.

Well, except for my parents. My mom is the only person who's been able to reach beyond the walls I've built so far.

My demons may hurt her delicate heart. 

Wearing a facade of being all happy and charming makes her bubble of a happy family safe.

However, when I saw those empty brown eyes, I felt myself being pulled to them. She looks at me like she can see underneath my skin. I had the urge to destroy those glazed jewels.

Her eyes.

How can someone so beautiful and delicate be so hollow and empty?

I can see it in her eyes.

Her demons.

Like mine.

I can't afford to let her see what's inside me.

She's come a long way. It's not easy to stand all the shit she's been going through the last few years.

It's not like I keep watch over her. I observe what's going on in my surroundings.

She always amuses me. 

She's so tiny. 

She's a fireball.

She makes me lose my mask; I can't fucking control it, and I hate that, which makes me stay the fuck away from her.

Everyone in school wants to be in my good books.

 However, she doesn't give a fuck about that, as evidenced by the way she glares at me when she catches me glancing at her.

Furious little kitten she is.

She moves uncomfortably under my scathing gaze, as though she can feel it.

Any gentleman would look away if it wasn't to her liking.

Fuck that.

I'm no gentleman, and I'll never be.

I can still see the tint of red that covered her neck and cheeks when I caught her checking me out earlier.

I think I liked that.

 Scratch that, I absolutely liked it.

The girls in school throw themselves at me, but this little kitten never once looked at me like that.

I'll change that. Very soon.

My next move will change everything.

My life. Her life. Our life.

---

"Captain, maybe you should go and talk to the coach about not making changes to the team." Chris, my best friend, says as I enter the changing room. Being the captain of the football team is a hell of a lot of work.

"Why would I do that? I don't give a fuck about what he decides." It's not like he can throw me out. 

After all, the summer football championship is my doing. Some of the team players are excellent, but without an outstanding captain? Hell no. 

I make my way to my locker.

"Oh, for fuck's sake. Don't do this, bruh." He says in a panicked voice.

Glaring at him, I say in a calm voice, "Chris, don't be oblivious to the fuckery going on. You, out of all people, know that the team needs changes." Success makes people arrogant. 

Some of the members have taken the game for granted. If this keeps on, it'll cost us our next game. 

Not affordable.

"But Ian, we can give them a chance--" I cut him off with a glare, telling him I was done with the conversation.

After changing into team t-shirts and shorts, I head to the field.

Football is the only thing that keeps me sane. With all the dark energy consuming my mind, football helps me lose some of it.

Football needs passion and dedication; lacking these will show them the exit from the team. Even after knowing about the amendments, some of these fuckers are as relaxed as they were during the championship. 

That makes me more firm in my condemnation.

It will be fun to watch.

---

(A/N: I hope you guys are liking my story. Do vote and comment.)