Chapter 18, DaxFrans POV: Changes

A year later, everything  was smooth. Me, Desire, and Eli went to back Florida to go to New York. Eli finally has a girlfriend, a job, and finally got him transportation. Jay and KK have been in and off.  Nona and Kanji became fashion designers. Desire and I...kinda stopped talking for a few days...well...for months...maybe a year... She got into law school when we graduated and...left Florida and went to New York.
I helped my dad with his restaurant business and the plan to defeat Anthrax, got a house to myself, and two degrees—

"Dax! Dax!!!" Eli ran inside the restaurant and went to the desk.

"What?" I asked.

"It's...Oh fuck...get me water!" Eli said panting.

"Now what is it?" I hand him water.

"Desire! She's back! From New York!" He said with a smile and drinking the water.

"Where at?" I asked again.

"Up your ass" Desire said coming in the restaurant.

"Oh, hey.."

"..." Desire walked past me and sat with Eli.

"Water?" I asked her.

"No thanks." She said.

"What's wrong with you two? What happened to the kissing and smiling and stuff?" Eli looked at us.

"I don't know." Me and Desire said.
Desire seemed different...it's not her body but her personality is. So I kept silent and watched her body language.

"So...How was Law?" I asked her.

"It was okay, I know my rights, the amendments, The constitution, The preamble, The Government." She smiled.

"Sounds great." I smiled back.

"Yeah! So what lawyer are you?" Eli asked.

"Civil rights lawyer. But I'm protecting everyone's rights aka other races and gender." She said. It looks like she finally got her dream and she's only 19...I'm happy for her.

"I got a 4-year undergraduate degree, followed by a 3-year law degree! And I got them early because I was smart and ahead of my classmates." Desire added...She only said that because she's showing off.

"And after completing the law program, you will have to pass the Bar Examination and a Professional Ethics exam in Florida and pass a background check." I said to her.

"And I passed." She laughed.

"136."

"DAMN!" Eli and I said.

"What? It's average." She said.

"Average my ass." Eli said talking a sip of his water.

"When did you start drinking water?!" Desire looked at Eli.

"Ms. Jones!" Eli said to Desire. "I have the right to drink water!"

"And you have no right to be fatter than Mr. Nemi back in middle school." She crossed her arms.

"IM NOT FAT!" Eli yelled at Desire and I laughed.

"Okay...chill out I don't need my stars to go down." I handed Desire a glass of water.

"Stars? Ya own this place?" Desire asked me.

"Mhm."

"Das nice." She smiles.

"Yeah..."

When Me and Desire got to my place, she was surprised and I gave her a tour of it too. She said it looks amazing, she thought I was still broke and still dumb. Her ass thought wrong when she saw the kitchen.

"Okay, I see you." Desire said to me.

"It's nothing...just a little fixes and stuff." I said...a few seconds later it was silent.

"Dax.." She broke the silence. "I'm sorry for not talking to you."

"It's fine." I looked at her. "I did rip that contact about us being 'married' so.."

"Oh..." Desire said...her phone started ringing. She picked it up and she had a case to do.

"I'll see you soon, Dax—"

"Wait." I grab her arm.

"Hm?" She looks at me.

"Be safe out there, I love you." I said with a smile.

Desire nods. "No more 'I love you' I just...want to be alone. Maybe friends."

I agreed and let her leave. What did she mean by "friends?" Did she not love me? Did she care? Is she with someone else? I didn't even have the time to talk to her or know what happened...

Soon later at night, Mr. Willams came into the restaurant. He ordered a coffee and a brownie and I gave it to him.

"Hey, Mr. Willams." I said to him handing over the plate.

"Thank you and hello to ya too!" Mr. Willams drinks the coffee. "I see the restaurant is packed! Whatcha new dish gonna be called?"

"I didn't get to think about it yet." I laughed.

"Better get to it. Naming a dish is like naming a baby." Mr Willams  laughs.

I was confused about what he meant so I just ignored it.

"How's Desire?" He asked me.

"S-she's doing well." My heart skipped a beat. "She's a civil rights lawyer now and doing a case.."

"That's good to hear. I need to get my dreads done again, maybe my beard." He touched his beard.

"Mr. Willams, I have a question. If you have a...friend who you fell in love with a had sex with—"

"WOAH THERE SON! I can't be—"

"Please! Listen!"

"Fine.."

"Anyways, fell in love with and had sex with, and a year later you two stop talking and then want to be friends. What is that?" I asked.

"Well, that friend found someone new, they or she has someone who looks out for her and not put her in danger." Mr Willams  eats his brownie.

So that means Desire is with someone. Maybe it's not a case but she's with a man...

But who...?