Chapter 3: Learning about that past/Daxfran Pov

Few weeks later on February 16th. I felt more comfortable in this school I went to.. Greene and Elkin stayed the same from what I can see. Me and Eli were catching up on everything that happened when I was in Louisiana. Desire has been making me feel a lot more at home than the rest.. She really did care about me since she had been trying to make me feel comfortable here.

But I haven't asked her about what happened when I was gone.. Luckily enough, I see her in the hallway and I walk up to her. I want to hear what happened to my childhood bestfriend after all these years.

"So, what happened after all this time?" I asked her.

"Hm?" She turns her head to me. "Nothin...why?"

"Oh sorry, it was just a little question." I said.

I looked away and ate my leftover pizza. Desire had looked away trying to not be bothered from what I asked but I can tell she was lying about something. The sweat on her back was showing. It meant that she was nervous, I always made her nervous all the time but this is was different..

"Lies..." I muttered to her.

"Excuse me?" Desire looks back at me.

"Nothing." I said to cover up my comment.

Eli was walking around like he didn't have a single care in the world and saw us.

"Did I miss somethin'?" He asked, raising his eye brow.

"No." Desire said instantly.

Eli didn't seem to know how to continue this conversation. But suddenly he asked me to go the park.. It was weird, he never liked the outside considering he was a brain rot gaming machine.

"DaxFran, let's go to the park." He said while smiling.

"Sure, why not?" I questioned before looking at Desire and asked if she wanted to come.

"No, I'm not feelin' it today." Desired said to me

"You're just lame as fuck—" Eli said to her while Desire walked up to him.

"I ain't lame! I just don't wanna go outside, I still got a headache." Desire punched Eli in the stomach for saying that to her.

I was confused, I questioned myself and thought why she have the headache now?

"Go rest then, okay?" I suggested.

"Nah, I'll be good." Desire smiled.

Once Eli and me left to the park we mostly laughed about school. But I really had to the urge to ask...

"What happened to Desire when I left?" I asked Eli.

"I-I dunno, ask Jay." Eli shrugged.

I looked away from him, remembering that Desire was always going out. Just always smiling, and mostly wearing shorts. Now she's wearing baggy clothes, not going out. And barely smiling. I told her everything that happened in Louisiana...but why?
She won't tell me what happened down here in Florida?

When we got back to dorms I went to Jays room. Jay was with TY and KK. With some other people too.

"Wasup, brotha!" Jay said smiling, he raised his hand to dap me up.

"Hey.." As I dap him up and sat in a nearby chair.

"I gotta talk to you about something." I said.

"Bout what?" Jay questioned.

"Desire." I said with a serious tone.

"Oh shi..." Jay looked away slowly and told TY to leave except for KK.

Jay sat down onto his bed and started explaining.

"I remember when you left us. She was devastated and her heart was broken. She felt like she had lost a part of herself. And she didn't know how to go on without you. You were always her best friend and her confidante. You had always been there for her, no matter what. She was so sad and I could see the hurt in her eyes. I knew deep down that she missed yo ass and longed for you. But I didn't know how to help dat girl. I wished that I could take away her pain. I knew that it was something that she had to go through herself...." Jay said.

"She had.. what?" I was confused.

"Dat girl had pain..." KK said while nodding slowly.

"Fuck..." I said, knowing now what I had made her feel.. I felt so... guilty. But I had to leave. It wasn't my intention at all! I need to apologize to her. I need to fix something. Isn't that the right thing to do?