Chapter 17, Desires POV: The Duvet

When we got back to Florida, Me and my siblings went to go eat pizza. I didn't tell them about the stab...yet. But soon I'll tell them when I'm ready. I didn't tell them I was about to get "married" or...something, Kanji kept asking what me and DaxFran did. I told her we didn't do anything but walk around "as friends." Nona was kept teasing me about DaxFran while Jay kept texting KK.

"She broke up with me..." Jay said putting his phone down.

"Damn, you should've never got that other girl pregnant! No! Ya should've never been with her." Nona said.

"Oh my god, Nono...calm down." I said.

"She's right, ya should've never did dat, JJ." Kanji added.

I sighed and chucked. "I'm sure it was an accident."

"Thank you, Des! You're the only one who understands me!" Jay pointed out and looked at Nona and Kanji.

"Shut the fuck up, man whore." Kanji said laughing and I laughed too. I got a text from DaxFran; "You okay?" I replied "Yeah." Kanji took my phone and read our messages out loud and I got embarrassed as hell.

"I wish you were here, Dax!" Kanji yelled.

"Stop! Kanji!!!" I took my phone.

"Damn!" Nona laughed.

"Leave her alone!" Jay said.

After lunch we went to Jays barbershop and we helped him out with his job. Kanji did a good job on one of the kids who were getting their haircut. I was working on Mr. Willams dreadlocks and Nona was shaving someone bald.

"Desire, you still know how to do hair?" Mr. Willams asked me.

"Yes, sir." I smiled.

"Where have ya been? I ain't seen you since Jay got dis place." Mr. Willams laughed.

"I've been many places. School, dorms, helping my mama at the hospital, my daddy at the airport." I kept working on the hair.

"Wow, how's ya grades?" He asked.

"Honor Roll like always." I said.

"How's poetry?" Mr. Willams touched a dread.

"Well...I stopped writing when I realized I lost interest in it." I finished his hair.

"Thank you, Des. One question before I go." Mr. Willams stood up.

"Yes, sir?" I look up at him.

"How tall are you again?" Mr. Willams laughed and then Jay, Nona, and Kanji laughed.

I rolled my eyes and laughed too. "I'm 5'4."

"Oh okay! Ya main goal is to get taller than ya siblings." Mr. Willams grabbed his jacket and handed me a letter. "Give this to DaxFran, I know you know him."

I look up at Mr. Willam and looked at his jacket. "Y-You work for—"

"Shh, just take it." Mr. Willams said and I took the letter.

"Have a good day, sir." I put the letter in my pocket.

"You too. See y'all later! Stay outta trouble." Mr. Willams looks at Jay and left.

When I got to the dorms, I went to DaxFran and handed him the letter.

"What's this?" DaxFran asked me as he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him.

"Just read it." I said.

DaxFran opened the letter and read it.

"Dear, DaxFran
I am writing to inform you that our agency was the victim of a stolen plan sheet committed by Anthrax. We have been working closely with the authorities to investigate the matter and are hopeful that we will be able to recover our stolen property. I understand this must be a difficult time for you, and I want to assure you that we are doing everything in our power to address the situation and make things right. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you during this time.
Sincerely, Mr. Williams..."

"Fuck!" DaxFran yelled.

"Calm down, I'm sure y'all can make another plan." I said rubbing his back. "Ya can't give up on this! You and the agency worked hard on the plan. All ya need to do is work harder."

DaxFran looked at me. "You really give me courage but I need you to help me and not tell anyone." He stands up and pats my head. "I also need to work on the plan." He looks at his computer.

"Alright..." I said kissing his cheek and I went to lay down on my bed. I grabbed his book and started reading some of the plans.

The plan to defeat Anthrax is to form a coalition of skilled individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of taking down this notorious criminal. The coalition will be led by a group of seasoned veterans from various organizations who all have a bone to pick with Anthrax. The plan will consist of four phases: intelligence gathering, preparation, execution, and clean-up.
Phase 1: Intelligence gathering - This phase will be dedicated to gathering as much information about Anthrax and his associates as possible, including their patterns of activity, weaknesses, and potential vulnerabilities. The aim is to obtain a clear understanding of their strengths and weaknesses, and to identify opportunities for attack.
Phase 2: Preparation - Once sufficient intelligence has been gathered, the plan will be put into action. This phase will involve organizing resources, building teams, and preparing for the operation. This phase will be crucial in ensuring that all aspects of the operation are well-planned and executed appropriately.
Phase 3: Execution - This phase will be the most critical stage of the operation, as it involves the actual execution of the plan. Teams will be deployed to take down Anthrax and his associates, and the operation will be planned and coordinated according to the weaknesses and vulnerabilities identified in the intelligence gathering phase.
Phase 4: Clean-up - The operation will inevitably result in collateral damage, and it is inevitable that the authorities will be involved. Hence, this phase is dedicated to cleaning up the mess and covering our tracks to ensure that we are not linked to the operation or any of the parties involved.
If executed properly, the plan will result in a successful operation and a reduced threat posed by Anthrax. However, it is crucial to note that executing the plan will require careful planning, coordination, and execution, and it is imperative that the team remains focused, disciplined, and vigilant throughout the process...but what is the name of this plan?!

"That plan is called the 'Duvet' , darling..."