Chapter 47: A Paradise of Loss

As the darkness fully envelop the world around Hiyori, the only light that she could see was from the sickening brightness being emitted by the enemy in front of her. Clutching her bleeding sides, she grit her teeth as she was thinking of ways that she could get out of this situation alive especially considering that she was not only protecting herself but also a child in her womb. Panic was getting to her as she could not stop the bleeding from the stray debris that hit her  when the cursed spirit had flickered her domain like it was nothing. 

She was getting flashbacks of what had happened recently. Toji.....Suguru....Satoru. 

"One of the prodigies of the present.....Hanna Hiyori....indeed you are as powerful as the rumors say. A threat not only to us curses but also to your own kind" the cursed angel looks down.

Hiyori furrowed her eyebrows at the statement.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

The cursed spirit giggled until it escalated to a laugh mocking Hiyori as it ascended from the skies. It walked slowly towards Hiyori who was standing her ground trying so desperately to move her body but to no avail, cannot.

The angel-like devil reached up and held Hiyori's chin in between it's fingers while a smirk has been painted on it's face.

"Oh *giggle....you poor thing"

Hiyori moved her face away from its grasp glaring and snaring at the curse.

"Your own kind doesn't want you....Your own kind does not welcome your presence. They do not appreciate your existence.....Hanna Hiyori, Your own kind  is afraid of you"

Confusion settles on the displayed emotion on Hiyori's face as the curse continue to mock her with a laughter.

"It's funny to see just how naive humans can be, no matter how powerful of a sorcerer they may be."

The curse once again went up Hiyori's face showing a dominating yet once again mocking smirk before whispering the words that would enrage Hiyori's whole being.

"Your own kind...the old and wrinkly ones...wanted me to kill you. They were threatened by your power you see. However *scoff....I don't see much of---"

Hiyori released a great amount of cursed energy threatening the curse and it instantly withdrawed. 

"All those people...the first grades...some were still students like me....all of them....were killed before me"

"Well, from I know, they needed a reason to have you sent out specially because you're a special grade sorcerer. To have you drop your guard, they gave a false report about a first grade curse....well not really false, you did excellent on killing the new guy a while ago though."

Hiyori could only look up in rage as the curse still continued to talk.

"It was a diversion so I could easily kill you...you are indeed powerful as I have said, however, I don't really understand why they would want you dead....but oh well...as long as I can have fun what's the harm in accepting their offers and be bathed in the blood of your enemies, right?" the curse smirked.

Hiyori stood still and could only look down at the ground as she tried her best to comprehend what was being said to her .

Then, without warning the curse had launched straight towards her ready to claim her life.

Thinking that it's wings would surely slash the woman open, it charged directly towards Hiyori.

Once he passed through Hiyori's direction, he looked back expecting to see the splashing of Hiyori's blood.