[21] Merlin

[Touching upon such a sorrowful topic, you and your companions consciously chose to quickly move past it.]

["Apologies, I might have overstepped, Alvin... If you don't mind, consider our home as your own in the future."]

["Thank you for your kindness, but I'm used to a wandering life. Being without a fixed abode is the norm for me now..."]

[Facing Kay's kindness, you shook your head to politely refuse, then paused before smiling again.]

["But in the future, I'm afraid I might become a frequent visitor."]

[With superb culinary skills and the charm of a handsome youth, you quickly closed the gap between you and Kay. Soon, you became like brothers.]

[After understanding your needs, he patted his chest, saying that such trivial matters were on him and not worth mentioning.]

[You then set out for the small courtyard that the siblings built outside the town, where you met their father, Sir Ector.]

[The old knight, with white hair at his temples, was sweeping autumn leaves in the backyard. His well-trained figure remained upright, showing no signs of aging fatigue.]

[Old soldiers never die, nor do they even wither away.]

[Looking at his back, you couldn't help but think of your own old man, Vortigern. As contemporaries in that era, they shared a similar resolute temperament.]

[Separated from home for several months, the old man might be feeling lonely...]

[It's time to go back and visit.]

[Upon seeing your face, the old knight's gaze involuntarily paused for a moment. However, with the introduction from the siblings, he quickly understood your intentions.]

"So that's how it is... If you fancy any plot of land, feel free to use it. Renting seems a bit formal. The contributions you've made to the town have made us old folks feel ashamed."

"This wheat field at home, let my son, Artorius, show you around. He's more familiar with the nearby terrain as he works on the farm daily."

Sir Ector smiled, and his words were kind and graceful. However, his gaze kept scanning the silver-haired youth.

Like, really like...

The more he looked, the more it felt alike...

Recalling the past days when he served under Uther, Ector's expression seemed slightly trance-like.

Yes, as such an important figure serving as Artoria's foster father, he couldn't be a fallen old knight, but rather the most trusted Uther's personal guard.

In fact, Ector didn't have any eccentric, reclusive personality. The reason for living in such a remote suburb, far from the town, was to raise Artoria.

Since his youth, he had served in the royal court as Uther's personal guard.

At that time, the relationship between the royal brothers was very harmonious.

Therefore, Ector was one of the few who had seen the young face of Vortigern.

Maybe it was just his illusion?

The silver-haired young man in front of him... whether it was his appearance or temperament, he was so similar to that highness...

No, now he should be called... Vile King, right?

Although Ector didn't really like to use this title.

As Uther's personal guard, he had witnessed the harmonious relationship between the royal brothers. To say that Vortigern had been disguising himself for many years in concealment was too sensational.

Unfortunately... he couldn't interfere in the hidden secrets.

Moreover...

That highness couldn't have any offspring.

No matter how powerful a woman was, she was still just a human. Therefore, it was impossible for her to conceive the bloodline of a dragon.

So, maybe it really was just his illusion...

His gaze stayed on Alvin's face, and the old knight's expression was a bit trance-like until his well-behaved daughter waved her hand, bringing Ector back to reality.

"...Father?"

Seizing the opportunity of having guests, she finally dared to call out.

The golden-haired girl smiled.

...Addressing oneself as a father with the noble status of a red dragon, how could he bear the title?

Helplessly glaring at the girl, Ector smiled gently at Alvin.

"I'm sorry... Seeing you reminds me of an old friend. As one gets older, it's easy to get lost in thought... Well, sweeping is a bit tiresome now. If you have any business, just tell my unruly sons."

"Take a break, Father."

Following the old knight as he pushed open the wooden door to the backyard, Alvin maintained a flawless smile on his face.

Now, if he fully restrained his breath and hid, even the concealing magecraft from someone like Morgan would be challenging.

In other words...

He didn't think Ector could recognize the white dragon's bloodline on him.

However, the old knight's trance-like expression...

Was he recognized?

No, listening to his words, could it be... that he resembled his father when he was young?

Well, that is to say, just speculation...

Even so...

Alvin had already prepared for the moment his identity was not exposed. He wouldn't give up this chance to subtly influence Artoria, even if he had to infiltrate the enemy's camp.

...

Beyond the northern Orkney Islands, a land known for its beautiful women.

Traversing the islands with the consciousness of a nightmare, the distance of thousands of miles poses no obstacle to communication.

As if in a trance, there seems to be a premonition.

The magus of flowers, surrounded by the teasing laughter of beautiful women, suddenly opened his transparent and gem-like deep purple eyes.

His profound gaze seemed to penetrate the dome of this noisy tavern and, with a slightly furrowed brow, looked towards the distant southeast.

These Clayvoyance, capable of observing everything in the mortal world, akin to a miracle, instantly glimpsed the scene in that courtyard.

"Ector, Lily, Kay... Hmm, seems like nothing unusual...?"

"Then, why has my right eyelid been twitching...? I see, it must be some women thinking of me."

The miraculous Clayvoyance did not observe the figure of the White Dragon's son. Therefore, the always unrestrained Merlin quickly dismissed such meaningless omens.

"Oh dear, oh dear, nothing seems to be happening. Let's continue drinking~"

Served with fragrant fruit wine, the magus smiled and comfortably rested his head between the bosoms of the beautiful women.

After drinking, there was still a phase of deeper communication. Tasting the flavor of women is something one can never get enough of.

A day of leisure, hook and enclosure for music.

There's still a long night ahead to give a lesson to his adorable disciple...

---

If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon chapters to get 35+ more chapter:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea