[2] No One Understands the Holy Grail War Better Than Me

Foreseeing the impending doom of humanity.

Reinhard had tried repeatedly to find a hospital gate to go back through, attempting to return to his original world, but unfortunately, it was to no avail. He had no choice but to accept reality once again.

The silver lining in his misfortune was that, as an isekai victim, despite not awakening any system despite his countless calls, Reinhard possessed extraordinary innate talent. After diligently mastering the preliminary use of Clairvoyance, he finally realized, when conducting introspection, that the peculiar shadow in his brain was not a tumor but the dormant magic circuits awaiting awakening.

Due to his exceptional quality and quantity, the magical energy spontaneously absorbed and overflowing from Reinhard's body caused intense headaches. If he didn't quickly activate and control it, it would be as fatal as a malignant brain tumor, he might not have more than a few months left to live.

Under the recommendation of Waver Velvet(taking the back door), Reinhard embarked on his journey as an international student at the Clock Tower.

After some time of theoretical studies, he gradually understood that the future observed by Clairvoyance only represented a 'possibility.' This explained the variations in the forms of disasters he foresaw, as world lines often held infinite possibilities.

In other words, the future could be changed!

If humanity could progress and develop faster, perhaps the bleak destruction ahead could be avoided.

Thus, in addition to improving his survival abilities, Reinhard dedicated himself to advancing the world's foundational research, hoping to integrate science and magecraft.

Research topics like 'Increased Wheat Crop Yield under Different Ether Concentrations,' 'Feasibility Study of Rune Symbols in Purifying Contaminated Water Sources,' and 'Exploration of Magic as an Efficient Clean Energy Source' were among his projects.

All of his magical research projects were guided by simple and practical principles.

Unfortunately, the Clock Tower, representing the Mage's Association, was deeply entrenched in outdated customs, filled with monopolies, bloodline discrimination, and narrow-minded prejudices.

The so-called traditional magus families, essentially akin to conservative feudal clans, were divided into various factions, engaged in political struggles, creating a corrupt quagmire that ensnared everyone who stepped into it.

As a magus, few cared about Muggles' thoughts or considered advocating for the interests of ordinary people. Not using Muggles as magical resources already made a magus morally upright. In the moonlit world, Edward Elric's alchemy would be nothing more than an appetizer.

Reinhard's dazzling performance had made him a thorn in the eyes of many noble factions at the Clock Tower. His talents and actions continue to emphasize that 'magecraft research must be integrated with scientific practice' and 'work must be done to benefit the future of mankind,' were seen as a direct challenge.

For Reinhard, the Clock Tower was a necessity due to his lack of options. Being a homeless isekai victim in this moonlit world, even if he wants to live without thinking about these magical things, he can't, because after coming into contact with mysteries, he will inevitably attract people who have come into contact with other mysteries in the future as well.

Besides that, time didn't allow him the luxury of making choices. Reinhard urgently needed the Clock Tower's resources to help activate and control the magic circuits in his brain for a cerebral upgrade. If he continued to delay, he might bleed from all seven orifices and die.