[5] The Witch and the Monster

...Speaking of which.

Reinhard suddenly remembered this simulation. It seems that he has the setting of being an artificial human or maybe a homunculus if using the moonlit world interpretation.

So, these two should be his foster parents?

Is the age gap a bit too big?

And moreover, it's even an uncle and niece relationship...

Reinhard understood, the noble relationships in feudal times were often chaotic, and chaos was considered normal!

Especially in Great Britain, it historically produced a lot of family dramas, right?

Hemophilia was spread by these nobles, and they even called it the 'Noble Disease.' It was really quite ridiculous.

After listening for so long, Reinhard basically understood.

After touching that piece of dragon scale, he seemed to be simulated as the... Ill-fated son of the white dragon?

Shouldn't it be said that it truly lives up to the title of an antagonist simulator...

'Am I really the antagonist?'

The way the system assisted him in becoming the ultimate antagonist was to personally experience being a despised and hated big villain...

One had to admit that the system understood the principle of unity of knowledge and action.

Once involved in such a setting, it's challenging to say that one's character won't be influenced during the simulation. After all, a person's personality is largely shaped by their environment. And according to the common nature of simulators, one's actions in the simulation might even affect reality. Similar settings had been explored quite a bit.

This brought about a very interesting question...

Since relics like the 'Son of the White Dragon' had appeared in later generations, it indicated that the history had become established. Then, how should the cause and effect of his actions in the simulation, if later discovered to be part of future history, be defined?

Was it that he left the relic of the 'Son of the White Dragon' behind...

Or did the relic make him simulate as the 'Son of the White Dragon'?

If the historical facts were established, wouldn't it mean that all his actions were predetermined?

In other words...

Free will.

Does his existence truly embody the concept of 'free will'?

Just thinking about it was quite terrifying.

...But, what does it have to do with him!

Facing such a classic time-space paradox, Reinhard chose to address it directly.

After all, he came to experience the benefits of a system, not to become a philosopher.

Even if it's predestined, so what?

Reinhard didn't care whether he was some manipulated puppet or not. Knowing it wouldn't change anything, and now, he still lacked the capital to arm wrestle at that level.

People who have walked on the edge of a cliff will cherish the present even more. Diagnosed with a terminal illness in the past, he saw things very clearly.

Reinhard is Reinhard, just an ordinary person struggling to survive. That's enough.

Even if his life is a piece of music, a script, or a novel...