[3] You Will be the Antagonist

The Second Magic.

A legendary true magic mastered by the Wizard Marshal, Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg.

It allows the caster to freely travel between parallel worlds while maintaining the same identity.

Reinhard's isekai phenomenon is highly likely to be related to it.

However, this old jewel has been never seen for a long time now, and no one knows which corner of the world he is currently touring or what grand plans he is hatching.

Therefore, rather than placing hope in such elusive legendary figures, Reinhard is more inclined to rely on himself to uncover the true nature of the Second Magic.

If humanity is truly beyond salvation, at least he can create an additional escape route for himself.

"Yes, it is indeed the 'Second Magic.'"

Waver exhaled a misty cloud of smoke.

"If it's you, Rein, you might really have a chance to step into that vortex, the Root..."

Different from tricks like magecraft, true magic is a genuine miracle that connects to the Root.

Throughout history, countless magus have pursued the Root, engaging in various magical studies, human experiments, violating taboos, and even abandoning the baseline of humanity. However, very few have been fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of the Root.

"A genius capable of surpassing the Grand, with a chance to touch the Root."

Waver had such a high evaluation of Reinhard.

His disciple Reinhard has the potential for the Root!

On that day, Waver could already imagine that if it happened, he would become a 'magician's mentor' living in legends, right?

Then, there would be no need to work overtime every day!

To clear the huge debts sooner, to live a luxurious life of smoking one cigarette after another.

The master tried hard to paint a rosy picture for the disciple.

"There's no need to care about the envy of small-minded people, focusing on your own path is the most important."

Immersed in his generous fantasies, Waver luxuriously extinguished the cigar after just a few puffs in the ashtray.

"People will envy those who are ahead of them, but when faced with towering mountains, they can only stand and look up."

Those old bags from the Clock Tower are better off left alone, without causing trouble for oneself by trying to build relationships with those old bags. Reinhard felt a bit disgusted at the thought.

"I never care about these boring malice," Reinhard shook his head. "But, Professor, don't you feel regretful?"

"After all, this is an opportunity you've been diligently pursuing for a long time..."

As the words fell silent, the Lord of the Department of Modern Magecraft Theory fell into a wordless silence.

Waver, in a daze, stared into the ashtray as the sparks on the remnants of the cigar gradually extinguished. After a while, he finally shook his head gently.

"...The Holy Grail War should not be the time for me and him to reunite."

That's right.

Waver Velvet himself was originally the one planning to participate in the war.

Not for any other reason.

As a loyal subject, he wanted to meet his king again, even if it was just a glance.

Fate/Ultimate AntagonistOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara