Chapter: Thirty pt 1

*I've been working on this chapter forever and just can't seem to get it right. Trying to plan out this event and explain things so they make sense has been a pain in the ass so I split the chapter so that I can at least post something.*

The day is finally here; homecoming. 

It's only noon on Saturday and the house is already a mess. Makeup and brushes everywhere from the girls trading off their products. Everyone's things are mixed together, long forgotten are the different color bags they belong in. Hair care products are in a pile on the living room floor. Curling irons, straighteners, crimpers, brushes, barrettes, bedazzled clips, 

Everyone's getting ready. Polaris, Wanda and Laura are already here as the latter two came to get help with their looks, the former added to the team of helpers. It's a team effort really. Nick curling Sharons hair. Melina doing Wanda's makeup. Yelena's finishing the multiple braids Nat has throughout her head. And Polaris painting Maria's nails emerald-green, as she's the only one who decided not to get acrylics.

They finish right on time. Just as Nat finishes zipping up Wanda's dress there's a knock on the door, announcing the first date has arrived. Everyone stands at the top of the stair waiting for Nicks approval to come down. He insisted he get video of their first appearance in their full attire so while he answers the door, they wait. Once he's finally back, Vision standing by his side, and has his camera ready the teens descend. Melena snaps pictures of each teen on her phone, while Nick records the entire moment. 

When all the girls make it to the bottom Clint and Vision meet their dates, placing a corsage around their wrists. Laura receives a purple and black one, Wanda gets red and silver. Each girl attaches a matching boutonniere to the lapel of her dates suit jacket. 

Over the course of several minutes everyone's dates arrive. Nick greets everyone happily as he opens the door for them. Most of the kids he has gotten to know pretty well aside from Vision, who seems like a nice boy, and Maria's date, this Ophelia girl, whom he's just meeting today. She seems nice enough but the director in him is still suspicious. Oh and of course there's Brock. He's the only one not to show yet so Nick waits at the door for him while the teens converse in the Livingroom. He stands with a glare prepared for the boy. There's just something off about him. He can see the looks the boy get from the other trainees and that doesn't sit well with the one-eyed man.

Soon there's a knock at the door alerting Nick he has arrived. He checks the mirror above the shoe rack to make sure he has his most frightening glare prepared before answering. He's surprised through as the person on the other side isn't who he was expecting. 

A blonde girl stands there playing with her finger nervously as the unknown man glares at her. She contemplates just turning around and leaving. It would be embarrassing but at least the person she's supposed to be meeting didn't answer. That through slips away through as the man begins to speak.

"Who are you?" He questions cautiously as the girl wasn't someone he was expecting

"I'm Bobbi. I'm supposed to be meeting Sharon." She answers looking any where but his eyes- well eye. She thinks she may have gotten the wrong house as the man continues looking at her with confusion "She does live here, right?"

"Yes she does. I just wasn't expecting anyone else. Come on in." Fury opens the door wider and steps aside so the girl can enter. Once she's in he pokes his head out, trying to spot the boy he through he was answering for, before leading her to the living room, the glare that had taken over his face moments ago now morphed into an almost-smile.

As they walk towards the group of teens Bobbi repeats one thing continuously in her head; this is not a date. They are just going as friends. Or at least that had been the assumption when they agreed to go together. Neither had dates so they were going as friends. Yeah that's right. Just friends. Plus, I'm straight. And Sharons not even gay, right? 

"Girls we have another guest." Nick announces causing everyone to face towards him. Most people look confused as the cheerleader steps through the door way, into the living room. Wanda and  Laura look surprised as they say their hellos, not having expected her to be here. Nat looks knowingly at the blonde before turning to Sharon with a smirk. Both blondes blush slightly before hiding it and greeting each other. This isn't a date. They both think. But maybe it could be?

-

"Ugh is he ever gonna get here?" Maria groans, clearly annoyed with having to wait for the arrogant, misogynistic boy. She doesn't want him stepping foot in the house but everyone else seems to be ok with it. Through she has noticed Clint and Nick's dislike for him, no one really likes him but those two seem to have a hatred towards the boy that Maria appreciates. At least some people have some common sense, he can't be trusted and should be treated as such. And that's not just jealously speaking as Sharon had teased when she voiced her concerns. Why would there be jealously? She's totally over the red head. 

"I don't know." Nat replies, not seeming to care. She honestly doesn't. She only agreed to this 'date' to make Maria jealous, but now she's deeply regretting it. Now Marias with a girl whom she seems to actually like and Nat's stuck going to the dance with someone who makes her skin crawl and her stomach fill with a certain fear she hasn't felt in a long time whenever he's to close to her.

"Maybe we should go without him. You can text him to meet us there." Clint suggests, glad the boy didn't show. If he had the feeling Nat actually liked the boy he would put his feelings aside and accept the things that make her happy. But with him being one of the only people who are able to read the red head, he knows she couldn't care less. 

"Yeah sure." Nat murmurs through her attention stays on the two girls sitting opposite from her who are sitting a little to close for her liking.

The 11 teens get up and Nick leads them out of the crowded living room, Melina, Yelena, and Polaris following closely behind. 

As they open the door, they are greeted with Rumlow, fist up about to knock, on the other side. He's dresses in a black suit with a green vest to match Nat's dress "Sorry I'm late." He apologizes as he spots the red head in the group "You look hot." He attaches the green and black corsage to her wrist as he looks her up and down unashamed.

"Thanks. You look nice to." She say with a fake smile, not liking the compliment very much but accepting it never the less.

Maria forces herself to hold her tongue as the words leave the boys mouth. That isn't the sort of comment appropriate for a first date in general, let alone when her entire family is present to hear it. That's just disrespectful and inappropriate. No one else seems to appreciate it either, Nick, Clint, Melina, and Yelena all glaring at him most likely wondering why Nat had agreed to go out with the douche in the first place. 

"Let's go." Brock grabs Nat's arm and leads her down the sidewalk, the group of teen following closely behind while Nick, Melina, Yelena, and Polaris wait on the porch, to the black super stretch limo that's parked on the street. The driver is standing at the back door, waiting to open it and allow the passengers into the limousine.

The door is opened when they arrive awaiting for them to get in. "Hop in." Nat says looking back to the group that hasn't left her side.

"They're coming with us..." Brock says, not really a question, but the red head answers never the less. 

"Of course. We're all going together, remember?" Nat replies as Clint climbs into the vehicle, heling Laura in as well before making himself at home. He grabs a glass of the champagne and pops a purple rock candy lollipop into his mouth. He offers one to Laura as well but she just laughs and shakes her head at his childlike taste buds.

"Yup." Brock mutters, not quite sure if Nat hears him as she climbs into the car and takes the awaiting candy from the boy dressed in purple and black. He didn't care enough to remember his name. "Change the playlist. Put on some rap or pop or something." He tells the driver before getting into the car himself. His plan to make a small detour before arriving at the school clearly isn't going to happen and he'd rather not listen to 'Ride by SoMo' and 'Or Nah by Ty Dolla $ign' with a car full of her family members. That's a little much even for him.

He climbs into the limo, taking the seat next to Nat, placing his hand on her knees (which slowly inches up to her thigh throughout the ride) and leans back to listen to the conversation. She grabs the last premade glass of champagne and chugs it.

It's going to be a long night.