38~A Few Drinks and Black Eyes

"I'm glad you're going with me," he murmurs in a raspy voice, slightly smiling.

"I am too." I smile back. "Just wait, it'll all be over before you know it." Speaking of which, I haven't told Harry yet but I've been looking into some nice apartments in LA. Even though Harry says I'm not, I still feel like a burden on him by staying here. I don't want him to be responsible for taking care of me. He's got enough to deal with, anyway. I'm twenty years old, I need to grow up and live on my own for a little while. I have completely overdue my stay here, and I feel absolutely guilty. So, I've looked into a few nice apartments and will be getting one, after the tour. It's time I've done this. It's time I've grown up. I guess now's a good time to tell him.

"Harry, I have something to tell you."

"Hm?" He hums, a confused expression on his face. "What is it?"

I let go of his hand and bring it underneath the table to fold with my other, looking down at the table. "So, I've been searching for apartments for the past few days and... I'll be getting one shortly after the tour."

A pause of silence consumes us before he speaks again. "I see." He clears his throat, leaning forward in his chair. "If this is what you want, I'm all for it. But Everest, like I said, you can stay here for as long as you want."

I half smile. "I know, but I need to do this. I can't keep living at my aunts house and I can't keep living here. It's not against any of you, especially you. I just feel like I need to be on my own for a little while, y'know?"

He nods. "Yeah, I understand." But something tells me that he's worried about more than what I (perceive).

"What're you thinking about, Harry?"

He shakes his head, half his brain stuck in his thoughts and the other half in reality. "I just don't want you to have to be alone," he explains. "I just want you to be safe."

"And I will be," I assure him, smiling to myself that he cares so much. "I'll be fine. And it's not like you can't come visit me, Haz." That is, if we're still together hopefully.

Then a small smile paints on his face, his thumb brushing along his lower lip as if an idea popped in his head. "Maybe it doesn't have to be that way."

I'm taken aback, eyes widened a bit. Confused, I simply mutter, "What?" Where are you going with this, Styles?

"Like, maybe.. after the tour.. we could.. um..." he stutters, tapping the table with his fingers. I still have a look of confusion, trying to think of what he's going to say next, "Maybe move in.. together."

My eyes widen a bit and my mouth somewhat parts, my whole body completely frozen.

Move in? Together? I've never really thought of that, I mean we've only been dating for what, a little over two months now--wow, two months together... it doesn't seem real.

Anyways, will he still even love me? Will we still be a couple?

"Uh," I sigh, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. "I don't know. I mean, that's such a big step for us, a-and I don't want you to have to move away from your hometown."

"Who says I have to?" He smirks. "Babe, I can own two mansions in different locations, each. Not to sound cocky or anything." He chuckles lightly and I shake my head, breaking a smile. However, to be honest, he does have a point.

"I don't know," I say again, my small smile fading as I break our gaze.

He breathes out his nose like he hasn't breathed in ages, clearing his throat, eyes drifted. "Well, I mean, it's not like... I have anyone to go home to so..."