(James Madison wrote) Pt 29

The days began to fly by faster than before, seeming to move too fast. Even though you had noticed effects from your Mystic Daggers, you were feeling pretty good. You had began the process of making the robotic skeleton and main functions for Big Mama's "dance bot". You were also given more freedom with your days of sparring with Baron. He and Big Mama had started contacting you for work or training purposes via "bootleg tech-watch", but allowed you to adjust your own schedule.

Leo had gotten to know your acquaintance, Usagi and introduced Mona and Shinie to his older and youngest brothers. But their, "love stories" aren't important enough to be under close surveillance. You simply knew that Monty really wanted to play "match-maker".

(*Cough cough.* Referencing other versions of tmnt with the love interests rn. Plz acknowledge my efforts.)

You were also able to occasionally go out at night to cause little problems so you could see your annoyingly cute- No! Just annoying.- annoying rival... He made it obvious that you owed him for the hoodie, saying that it you either had to wash it before returning it or you owed him a new hoodie. Naturally, you refused to oblige to Othello's requests, claiming that you still had the advantage over him and he didn't have the authority or capability of writing the rules.

It's been exactly a month since Valentines, and you thought that Pi Day was more important anyway. There's also a holiday that was important on March fourteenth.

"White Day? What's that?" Monty asked as she sprawled out across her couch in the living room of her family's apartment. You dramatically fell to the floor, sliding down with a soft "thud".

"It's the holiday that comes one month exactly after the day of "love" and "romance" and stupidity... Or in other words, the one month mark after Valentines Day." You said, face against the hardwood floorboards beneath you. She groaned, stretching her arms and legs as an idea sprang forth.

"You should get something for Donnie!" Monty shouted, making you more glad than ever that Nat had gotten in trouble at school, causing her parents to both be called in to discuss her behavior. Sure, it's not a good thing. Sure, you told her to beat the shit out of the boy that was bullying her. Sure, you explained that snitches get stitches and she had to give the excuse that she saw someone punch their bully on television... But, you were also kind of proud of her.

"Earth to Y/n?" Monty asked, causing your delayed reaction of jumping up off the floor and stepping away from her.

"Why would I ever give him anything? It's stupid. Today is Pi Day. I have already explained that Pi Day holds higher importance than White Day. I'd get you something for Pi Day. Usagi? Sure. Mona? Totally. Shinie, if she doesn't wanna kill me right now? Definitely. Even April. But never! Never that highly-problematic, eyebrow-drawing, baby-mutating, technologically-advanced, MegaMind-lookin', negative-rizz-having, cold-blooded, mixed-signal-giving prick." You ranted, taking a deep breath and noticing her stare.

"You totally like him."

"I'm repulsed by him." You defended.

"Nope. I was wrong, but so were you." She started, causing your eyes to wander her form with playful malice.

"What does that mean, Monty? You know I'm never wrong." You asked, a glare sending shivers that your best friend didn't receive.

"You're in the L-word." She chimed, trying to swing an arm over your shoulder, being quickly dodged.

"Loathing?" You ask, a cocky grin on your face as you stepped out of her way, letting her fall cartoonishly onto the floor. Your smirk grows as she scrambles back to her feet.

"Love! You must love him!" She chimed teasingly as she went to playfully act affectionate. You shake your head, checking the time. As your about to retort, you heard keys in the door, knowing that you had to leave before you were pressed for answers. You've struggled with lying for a long time, but when it comes down to it, you can lie in a pinch. Not today though, because you can leave without responding to Monty's obviously stupid curiosity and you don't need to answer about Nat punching a kid out at school.

"Later, beautiful-" You run to her bedroom, ready to jump out the window. "-Oh yeah. To quote your least favorite Wattpad FanFic. Sexy train's leaving the station, check out the caboose." You say, knowing that you pissed Monty off as you climbed down the fire escape. She shook her fist at you, not wanting to flip you off as you made it to the ground and quickly began walking across to your building. You started overthinking. If you got or made him something, what would it be?

"Ugh this is pointless. Why would I even bother getting him something? He's a no-good, holier-than-thou piece of shit... just like me- but that means nothing. Maybe a weapon I made? Maybe give him one of my favorite hoodies. No. The weapon's a good idea... I can keep my favorite hoodie though." You think to yourself, opening your window and quickly changing out of your school clothes. After putting on a sleeveless, light purple shirt and black sweatpants, you realize that you have been wearing your welding gloves every day for quite a while.

Replacing your welding gloves with leather gloves, you finally noticed that there were golden cracks in your skin. The cracked pattern started at your fingertips, now spreading half way to your elbows. Thankfully it doesn't hurt as badly as it looks like it does.

"Ugh... Looks like the hoodie is necessary." You grumble, pulling on your favorite yellow hoodie that has black drawstrings and lining. You put on the hoodie, grabbing a few pieces of your Tech-Armor and pulling on your improved "jet pack". You didn't call it a "jet pack", it was just a high-powered engine and motor. You slid the safety straps on, fastened around you like a full-body harness.

*Don-Don-Donnie's POV/TimeSkip*

As my brothers and I continue jumping building to building on our way home, I try to tune out their conversation. We had just gotten some pizza and been hanging out with April until her mother, Carol called. April had all of us say hi to her, but had to leave early because Mrs. O'Neil needed her help with something. I was lost in thought and soon heard someone getting into a fight. My brothers had already rushed into battle, leaving me in question of why I even needed to come with them.

"Oh, there you are. My son."

(Word count: 1131)