Pt 15

*Montana POV*

"Y/n... Where... Where is Y/n?..." I ask quickly I panic, looking around the lair... Back in New York?... Weren't we just in the Hidden City?...

"Ugh... I guess we can go through three portals at once. Hey, maybe a new thing I can do. I can swing people to safety with the "portal train". Ooooh! I like it- All aboard the portal train." Leo says as Raph grabs my hand to help me stand up. My eyes wander the faces that surround me as I start to panic.

"Y/n... Where is Y/n?! Leo! You were the last one through the portal! Where is Y/n?!" I suddenly scream at him, fear begins to consume me as I think of what may have happened. Donnie looked around, taking a shaky breath. I noticed his glare at his twin, seeming to already blame him.

"I... I don't know? I thought she came through with me? She's gotta be here somewhere... Right?" The blue-masked boy asked us, looking around as Mikey started to tear up while April consoled him.

"WHY ARE YOU ALREADY ACTING LIKE SHE'S DEAD?!" I scream as the younger boy flinches. Mikey and April seem shocked that I already resorted to anger. I soon look away from the two that I had just upset, feeling bad for yelling at them. It was Leo's fault. He was the last one through that portal.

"Montana... I promise, as the leader of this team. We'll get her back." Raph said, trying to comfort me. I look around again, fearful that Y/n is in pain right now... Maybe even dead... A certain soft-shell catches my eye, glaring towards the twin that may have just killed my best friend.

"I don't care about your stupid promises! My best friend, the person who's been with me through thick and thin, might be dead-"

"She can't be!... She's not-" Donnie interrupted as he looked down at the ground. "- If Big Mama wanted her dead, and no more. She'd have been dead by the time we first found her. Big Mama needs her for something... She wouldn't throw away good work so easily." He reasons as the red-marked clown walks towards his room.

"No the heck you don't! Get back here! I'm making turtle soup out of you!" I shout as I try to chase Leo. Donne stayed on his knees for a while as Mikey and April sat next to Raph, now needing to clarify that this wasn't his fault. Leo runs fast, locking his door once he gets to his room, causing me to kick it repeatedly. By the time my legs have become too tired to continue kicking his door, I lean against it, almost about to cry.

"You saw her... You could've grabbed her... If anything happens to her. I will kill you." I promise Leo through the door. I hear faint mumbling and the sound of him getting in bed... What a piece of garbage.

*Donatello POV*

Montana abandoned the main room of the lair, tracking down my insolent brother. Raphael and Michael are here, waiting to hear the hollering of pain from my twin. April, angel she is, looks to me and walks over. She says something, but I care not to listen. I stare blankly at my hands, holding nothing.

"- get her back soon... I promise, Dee..." April said as the echoes of Montana's wailing towards my twin became more audible for me. Until now, I blocked everyone- nay- everything out. Suddenly, my scratched, uncomfortable hands became shaky. I grabbed my Tech-Bō off the floor, standing, then turning abruptly away from everyone. Quickly approaching my lab, I swing my Tech-Bō violently, hitting and breaking a computer.

"Damn it. Damn it. Damn it..." I silently thought to myself as I slammed the door shut. My eyes wandered as I began smashing anything in sight, trying not to fantasize any broken item as my twin's face. I sit down my Tech-Bō and grimace at the feeling of metal and glass stabbing into my feet. My arms fall limp at my sides as I settle down, soon brushing broken parts off my desk and sitting down. I see Sheldon powering back on, seeming fairly confused.

"Wooaahh! Dude, what'd ya do? Are you okay?" Sheldon's voice box rings out, practically screaming as I hold over my headphones, trying harder to block out the noise. Sheldon immediately goes towards the door, trying, most likely, to get "Doctor Feelings". My body moves on autopilot, opening the door for him then slamming it shut again, locking it behind him.

"Dad? Dad?!" Sheldon hissed, trying to get me to open the door. I try to ignore the repetitive knocking and incessant shouting to let someone in. I commence the rather speedy removal of my Tech-Gauntlet and Battle-Shell, seeing burn marks on my forearm and feeling the cold air against the leathery flesh of my shell. I grab the handle to a drawer of my dented desk.

"Was hoping I could quit... Sigh..." I say to myself, feeling cold reverberations in my chest as I grab from the drawer a paper bag. I reach inside, taking out a separate, smaller paper bag and a small pack of hemp paper.

"In my life, never once did I think I'd need to resort to cannabis, not because of my brothers, but because of-"

"She's a threat_____" Nardo's voice rings in my head for a while, messing with my sense of auditory response. I shake my head, needing something to calm me down. My hands work fast as I lick the ends of the paper, preparing for a nice thick blunt. I take a deep breath as I grab a lighter from the same drawer, not thinking twice before lighting up. As I take my first drag in a long time... Actually, maybe just a week and a half...

"Donnie?! What are you doing in there?!" Montana screamed as she kicked my door. I already began rolling a second blunt, focused on the development of smoke in the room. My eyes started to water, feeling the lovely drug pull my troubles away from me. Soon enough, Montana stopped banging on the door like a barbarian and I started cleaning while turning on the soundproofing lock on the lab door...

"Music, I need... I need music." I say, realizing that I can listen to the singer Y/n was quoting through song during one of our latest encounters... Who was it again?...

"Cow someone? Cow- No. Cat? Cat Dojo? No Do-ja?... Doja Cat? Yeah. Sounds close enough. Song was... "So High"?... The irony. Sigh." I mumbled under my breath, setting my phone on something in a far corner of the lab. Thankfully I hadn't destroyed anything like my experiments or surround sound music speakers. The music began booming through the lab as I cleaned, smoking while I memorized the lyrics to this new song.

"Just be safe for tonight... please Y/n..." I whispered to myself as I separated the broken objects that could be recycled eventually cleaned out my cuts on my feet from stepping on the glass and metal shards. I must have smoked a lot more than I thought I had, because within approximately three hours and forty-two minutes, I cleaned and separated everything and had already fixed quite a few of the things I broke. Zoning back in, I hear the song... and think of Y/n...

"Please just be okay... I can't lose you before changing Nardo's mind... I can't lose you without proving him wrong... I need to show that you're a good person... I just can't lose you yet... I won't..."

(Word count 1294)