Pt 21

"- then all I had to do is toss his Ōdachi back at him like it, and he, were trash, and boom. I was out." I finished, feeling rather lame for my, leaving some things out, explanation. Monty seemed horrified at my attempt in a playful attitude, cleaning up some of my cuts and checking any bad, visible, bruises out. As she was opening her mouth to judge my behavior, we hear two confusingly off beat knocks at the window.

"Hold on, Y/n. We're gonna talk about your "toughen up" behavior later." She said, air quoting the toughen up part as she walked towards the window. She opened it to see April and Donatello, wearing baggy, casual/comfortable clothes. April was wearing a pair of men's sport-shorts, a baggy tee-shirt, and a black hoodie. Donatello was wearing a purple hoodie and baggy, grey sweatpants. They seemed worried about something.

"Y/n! Girl, are you okay? I heard that Leo saved you from that Baron Draxum guy and-"

"-Please, that's my twin, he didn't save shit, especially not her-" Donatello interrupted April, quickly pushing Monty out of the way, making her fall onto her bed. He rushed over, trying to get a good look at my injuries as he tilted my chin up. He seemed genuinely happy that I was okay, which doesn't seem right. Before I knew what was what, he pulled me into a hug, not letting go as April let out an annoyingly endeared squeak of joy at the sight... Monty copied the action.

*April's POV*

As Donnie pushed Montana out of his way, I climbed into the room as well. I slightly laughed at Montana, who looked a bit dramatic as she hit the bed. I look back at Y/n after having tried before to ask her some questions, I see Donnie hugging her. This was NEWS I tell ya. He never ever hugs just anyone. Then I sorta squeaked because I got excited for him, but Monty somewhat followed in suit, so we still cool.

"Oh my- Should I give y'all some space? Like, ya need some alone time or somethin'?- Oh right, Monty needed my help in the other room, I'mma leave y'all to it, okay?- Byeee!" I practically sing, dragging Montana outta the room. She glared at Donnie, staring at his hands which were on Y/n's waist as I closed the door, winking at my best friend.

"Wait. You want me to leave... Him alone with my best friend? April, she's like a sister. I love her like my own blood, if he hurts her, I'd kill him. I know you care about him the same way, but I'm serious, I would kill him. He hasn't earned my respect to be alone with her-"

"- Monty... please? You know she's in good- uh- okay...-ish-three-fingered hands...? Look, the point is, they're really alike. They might improve each other's lives... give him a chance with Y/n, okay?..." I asked, noticing how Montana seemed to have been slightly tearing up. She was thinking about everything Y/n had gone through cause of her life here... Maybe Donnie... Maybe she blamed his brothers, even... Or herself...

"It's okay, Montana... I trust him with my heart, why not trust him with hers?..." I put it kindly, causing Monty to look at me with softer eyes and a slight smile.

"Yeah... You're right, I shouldn't judge him too hard... He could be good for her... Thanks, April... I'm glad we chose to be friends." Montana said, giving me a quick hug, then going to get something ready for Y/n to eat later. I realized that I should probably spy on the two geniuses in the other room, peeking through a crack in the door and listening in.

"- and an unclean spot here that could become infected. Do you not value your skin? It's pretty important, idiot."

"Shut up already. I know you're just worried about me, not that I don't appreciate it."

"Zip it, imbecile. I'm not worried about you, I'm worried about how you can't fight if you're, well, dead."

"But you don't just value the "training", you value the quality of our time together. You know I'm right. It's also why you can't help but take care of me now."