Chapter 50 Vanessa

Blair♧

Blair♧

The snow floats down from the sky in a swirling hue of white and I can feel each flake land softly on my skin. If my love wasn't dead then I would certainly be enjoying the feel of the snow but now all I can do is view it with disdain.

My dress is now torn at the hips and my hands are covered in dried blood, I itch to remove it and yet I can't and I stroll down the street with my gun still in hand. Each step I take leads me further away from Alex and my heart can't take the pain of not having him near me.

His smile and warmth is gone and it was taken by someone Alex was supposed to trust. Eric never saved anyone he only ever helped himself my giving the guys up to someone as such as Fernando. Revenge is now where I lie.

Gone was the girl who was broken and tormented by a woman known as her mother. She now hungers for revenge and strives for greatness. I will destroy those who walk my way and destroy the path they walk upon.

Death is my virtue and destruction is my friend.

I see it now, the house I grew up in and I smirk to myself at the sight of the still broken windows. I remember the promise I made to her, saying that I was going to get them fixed and that I was always going to shut the door.

My smirk morphs into a frown. I guess I lied about that. I walk inside and I leave the door open to the world and snow follows behind me, a blanket of recollection.

I tighten my grip around the gun and my anger delves deep inside me as I battle with the anxiety that crawls up my spine. Even though I have a weapon in my hand I still feel rattled by her existence. There is no warmth in this house but the anger inside me is enough to pacify me.

The lights don't work as I come to realise when I flick the switch in the hallway. I guess without me she can't even pay the bills, and she called me worthless.

I follow the sound of muffled chatter presumably coming from the tv and I brace the gun out in front of me. My hands shake but this time I think it's more because of adrenaline.

I steer myself around the corner of the living room doorway and I am unsurprised to see Vanessa sprawled out on the sofa. The tv blares an episode of something I do not recognise and the colours flicker along Vanessa's face.

(Just to fyi her mother is called Vanessa)

I stand there with gun aiming at her head and I watch her face with mixed emotions. Her dark hair that unfortunately resembles mine is greasy and is thrown into a tight bun, her clothes are plain and simple consisting of grey joggers and a black Adidas shirt. Each piece of clothing accustomed with stains.

I frown distastefully at the beer cans littering the carpet around the sofa like some sort of ritual circle and I bare no surprise to the paleness of her skin. She is a ghost of no one I ever knew.

I walk on over to the sofa and my shoulders slump sadly at seeing the gentle rise and fall of her chest, a little part of me was hoping that she would already be dead. I was hoping that she would have drowned in her beer or choked on her own vomit at least.

I am careful where I place my feet so I manoeuvre around the cans and empty crisp packets with skill and experience until I stand directly over her body. Under the dim light of the living room Alex's blood is more defined on my hands and with the weapon at my fingertips I really do resemble a murder but I am far from one.

I am merely ridding the world of scum and baggage and I am continuing with her. Just as I ready myself to press the trigger her eyes shoot open and her dull blue eyes immediate recoil with fear and shock.

"Blair? W-what are you doing here?" She stutters and for once in my pathetic life I finally see her cower back against the sofa as she hurriedly sits up. Her cheeks shine flushed from the alcohol.

"He's dead," I say, my tone flat. Just saying those words makes my heart pump nothing and in response my hands tighten around the weapon.

"Okay," she ushers shakily and holds her hands out in front of her, as if that could save her, and they tremor. Good, she should be afraid. I am something that should be feared. "Blair put the gun down, we can talk about this."

"He's dead and he's never coming back," I evade her voice and reason and continue to stare mindlessly at nothing.

She asks in confusion, "who are you talking about?" I can hear some of her usual self in her tone. Cold and cruel and that snaps me out of my depressing trance.

I shove the gun closer towards her face leaning in with my pale eyes no doubt gleaming with the promise of revenge.

"Do you not like what you've made, mother," I question harshly. "What is it? Do you regret birthing me?"

She looks visibly shaken and tries to play it off by scowling but I can see her eyes darting towards the gun that remains steady in my grip.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She hisses though with apprehension and her eyes waver. "Put that gun down and get the hell out of my house."

I laugh mockingly and momentarily release the grip I have on the trigger. "Why would I do anything you tell me? You have made my life hell so why on earth would I pay attention to anything that comes out of your mouth?"

She blinks back before sneering, "I should have killed you when you were a baby, you and your father. Both of you are creatures of cowardice and I despise you most."

I give an empty smile and press the gun to her temple making sure to let her feel the cold metal. Beads of sweat coat her hair line and her breathing has become more rapid and her eyes flicker around my face searching for signs of weakness but I have non.

"We are more alike then what you might think Vanessa," I love the power I have over her as the name rolls smoothly off my tongue and there is nothing she can do about it.

She gulps as I leer closer.

"Mercy is for the weak and revenge is for the wicked and I am what you made me," I bend low to her ear. "Like mother like daughter devilish in all ways we are all but one."

With a last smirk and a deep scowl from her she utters, "may you be cursed for as long as you live."

"And may you live for never." And I shoot the gun, her body falls down across the sofa in a heap and I bask in the feeling of her blood coating my neck and cheek. Two down, one more to go.

As I step out of the house I keep the door open wide as I no longer have reason to close it, let all the secrets be revealed and as I walk down the street I never look back and all I wear is a simple smile.

Something simple that promises death.

I am so, so glad her mother is dead now. This doesn't mean that abuse no longer effects her, it always will. But she is at least one more step towards complete freedom.

There are only two more chapters left and I am happy but so sad and I can't wait to start the second book and I will release information about the second book soon.

What do we think of this new Blair?

Please comment, vote and share.

Happy reading <3