Chapter 38 All Talk and No Games

Blair♧

Blair♧

Alex had his session with Eric and now it's my turn.

I'm really not happy about this, I would rather do anything else other than be stuck in a room with Eric for an hour.

Speaking of which I haven't seen Alex since his session with Eric. I know that they should have finished by now as I am making my own way down to the arena.

I wander where he has gone off to though. I originally thought that he may have been hurt, maybe Eric had trained him too hard but Eric and Alex have known each other since forever so obviously that thought is ridiculous.

Turning in the direction of the double doors that lead to the arena I notice a figure perched on the window sill just down the corridor. I peak through the small gap of the doors and see Eric busy sorting out a box of equipment and I decide to go investigate this shadowy figure while Eric is busy.

I find this figure to be Kingston except this Kingston looks very tired and worn down. His body is angled so he can see out the window, not that he can even see due to the rain droplets sliding down the window pane, .and his heavy shoulders are slumped forwards.

"Hey," I great quietly perching next to him. His head darts up and he looks slightly startled before smiling slowly.

"Hey Blair, shouldn't you be with Eric?" He questions glancing back out the window.

I nod my head even though he isn't looking at me.

"Yea but friends are more important than learning to punch," I reply and gently nudge his shoulder. "What's up, you know you can tell me right?"

He nods and I watch with a frown as he subconsciously rubs his forearm vigorously. I move my hands onto his hand to stop the action and his body visibly tenses before very slightly relaxing. Every muscle in his body is clenched.

"Can I?" I gesture towards his sleeve and he nods hesitantly. With a bated breath I carefully tug the sleeve of his jumper and reveal another thick gash along his dark skin. My insides shrivel and I feel a pang of sadness for him. Not wanting him to undergo anymore torture I slide his sleeve back down and he breathes steadily again.

He keeps his head faced towards the window but I can see him look at me through his peripherals.

"I know why I do it," he speaks up a moment later. "I just can't stop that's the problem." There's thick resentment in his voice. "It's like there's something wrong with me and no amount of cutting will fix it."

"There's nothing wrong with you Kinston," I say softly.

His head swivels to face me and he stares accusingly at me. "Of course there is, I keep feeling all these different feelings all at the same time of everyday. You're telling me that's normal."