Chapter 44 Progression

Ace♤

Ace♤

I'm nervous and I wish I fucking wasn't. My gorgeous fighter has just walked out of the arena with the crowd still cheering her name and I couldn't be more proud.

I couldn't watch her fight but I felt her winning and I filled with relief when I saw her retreating figure. She's probably made her way up to the benches by now to sit with the guys and I don't glance at the benches to check my assumption.

I keep my gaze sharp and focused despite my nerves because if I look at her I know I will only lose my trail of thought. That's how much power she has over me. Just a mere glance and I succumb to her existence, to me she is a God herself and I am obsessed. I am a fool for not realising sooner.

Making my way into the far corner of the arena I roll my neck and take a deep breath. I try to block out the low conversation from some of the on lookers of whom are closer to the ropes.

I don't want to hear their sympathy for the bruises that cover my back. As much as Eric is an asshole for giving me the bruises I unfortunately understand now why he has. I can feel him in the crowd eyeing me carefully, watching every move and it rubs me the wrong way.

I would kill him if I could, he has hurt Blair just as much as he has hurt me and Blair never deserved any of it. What's stopping me from killing him is the debt I owe to him.

He saved me when he never had to, I didn't ask him to and nobody else did, he took it upon himself to take me in and if he hadn't of done that then right now I would be dead. But is this a debt I could ever completely payback? This life used to be exciting, thrilling and it was like a dream come true but lately this dream has become a nightmare and now I feel like I'm cursed.

Fernando's hulking body clambers over the ropes until he is stood tall directly opposite me. His lips are shaped into a jagged smirk and I shudder at the deathly glint in his eyes. One of us is only getting out of the arena by death and I wish I was confident enough to say that it won't be me who dies.

The announcer condemns the fight and I immediately take centre. Fernando is forced to take the outside and stares at me in question because last time I was defence.

I keep my gaze locked on his and I don't look away, he doesn't look away either. He grinds his teeth together as I notice from the sharp movements of his jaw, he looks venomous.

My palms begin to sweat as I keep my guard by my face and head. My heart patters against my chest so hard that I'm afraid it might convulse completely.

"You seem nervous boy," he sneers in his thick accent. "Care to share why? Or is it because you know I can beat you?"

"You won't beat me Fernando, you never have," I reason.

He glowers at me, "of course I have beaten you," he snaps. "Your title belongs to me, you are no longer the Ace of fighting."