Chapter 20 Sneaky and Confess

Blair♧

Blair♧

It's day two of me being at Foxwood academy and I'm looking forward to my boxing session with Damien more than anything.

Don't get me wrong the boxing session with Alex yesterday was great and all, despite the name calling, but Damien is so much more laid back than the other guys. Under his presence I'll definitely be able to relax and won't risk losing control over my anger.

So here we are now with both our hands wrapped and ready to begin, my eyes are struggling to adapt to the dim lighting that Alex is supposed to be getting fixed. I can still make out Damien's figure as he rolls out his shoulders in front of me.

What strikes me though is not noticing before how vibrant his green eyes are, they are like embers of a forest, bright and full and just brimming with life. I find it comical how he can be so full of life when the only way to make it out of the arena is when you either die or get knocked out.

That's what Alex told me yesterday anyway. I cannot picture Damien killing someone at all but survival changes people. And fighting in a tight circle with someone attacking you calls for survival.

"Let's see if you can really handle what I have in store for you," he says with a smirk as he narrows his eyes at me. I roll my eyes and unlike yesterday I don't feel as self concious. My palms sweat by my sides but they don't shake, thankfully.

"If I bruised Alex yesterday I'm pretty sure I can handle you," I reply.

"Speaking of which thanks for bruising him, he needed his ego taking a down a few," he chuckles and I snort.

"And what? You're ego is somewhat normal?" I question with mock humor.

He raises his hand over his chest and says, "I am gorgeous through and through my ego is just a resemblance of that."

"Can we get started with the lesson now? We can talk about your 'amazingness' some other time," I roll my eyes.

"At least there is another time," he grins and I give him a dead look. 

"Okay, so first things first, did Alex teach you about the whole mental shield thing?" He questions pulling me into the centre of the arena before stepping back himself.

I nod my head, "Yes not that I have complete grasp over it."

"Don't worry you'll pick it up eventually it'll just click one day, hopefully," he mutters that last word and I pretend not to notice. I will pick it up, because I have to.

"Compared to Alex I'm not all about the mental game. Yes being able to conceal your emotions is vital but so is being strategic. Max will be teaching you defense, Kingston will be teaching you close combat and Alex has taught you mental ability," he pauses and grins icily. It makes me shiver.