Chapter 37 Beginning of What

Alex♤

Alex♤

I didn't sleep a wink last night.

Blair had gotten back to the academy late last night and all I had wanted to do was ask her where she had been but the passive look on her face instructed me otherwise.

I laid there on my make shift bed, still on the floor, and I had pretend to be asleep as she got changed in the bathroom and then climbed into bed.

Once I finally peeked open my eyes her back was to my face with the duvet just covering her. The slow rise and fall of her back told me that she had gone to sleep almost straight away.

I watched her for a while with questions whirling around my head but what had overridden those questions where the urges I had.

I wanted to feel her warmth, from those times she had held my hand the warmth of her skin had melted my heart and made me feel safe and seen. I wanted to just climb into my bed beside her and wrap my arms around her waist pulling her close to my chest so our breaths could fall in sync but I didn't and I held back.

Those urges confused me because why would I have them?

She's a friend, only friend and yet that night my eyes never once drifted away from her.

"Stop doing that."

I jump out my skin thanking the Lord that I'm stood on the arena floor otherwise if I had fallen it would have hurt. Looking up I see Eric stepping over the rope and I angle my body away from him as I supress a grin, watching him heave his heavy body is too comical for me to bear.

"Take those wraps off your hands boy you won't need them," he orders and I frown as I un wrap them.

"Why won't I need them?" I question throwing the fabric to the side.

He looks at me with set eyes and replies, "cause we ain't hitting nothing today."

"Stand in the centre and remove your shirt."

I stare at him wide eyed. I do as he says and tug my shirt over my head and toss the material to the side along with the wraps. I try not to shiver as the cold morning air greats my skin, it's almost December now and the days are only growing colder, it won't be long until it snows.

Eric walks up to me and I eye him carefully. Despite me being taller than him and stronger I shrink inside at the disapproving stare he has on. I glance down quickly at my lower half. What's there to disapprove of? I have abs and my chest is alright.

"Tell me Ace why do we use our mental shields?"

I groan inside and shake my head, "Eric we don't need to go over the basics I know this crap."

His glare hardens, "if this is the basics then tell me why you aren't using your mental shield."

"I am using it you know I do."