Chapter 36 A walk in Hell

Blair♧

Blair♧

The trees are slowly starting to undress, their leaves dying quicker and their dullness now litters the ground. The ground of which is crunchy beneath my feet not covered in snow but a large layer of frost. The air is prickled with ice and I feel each flake as the cold air hits me. I just know my nose has turned red in response.

Walking down the cobbled path no other person is present, obviously disregarding the odd dog walker. Once we all arrived back at the academy I wasn't in the mood to join the guys at the dinning table so I snuck Alex's hoodie from out of his wardrobe and now I'm tugging down the sleeves to cover my frozen finger tips.

Aldo has severely confused me. He pledged his loyalty to me and I am left to wander why. He knows nothing of me and I know nothing of him so his loyalty I am forced to question. Linking this to Eric I'm still very pissed he lied. I could have died.

I could have.

And yet I didn't.

These past three weeks have been a walk through hell but the guys are the ones who got me through it. Especially Alex. Without him I wouldn't have able to believe in myself. He sees me and his eyes I do not hide from because I see all of him too.

I come to a pause as I register the sound of gleeful laughter. I walk around the corner careful to avoid the thick hedge that has grown along the green fencing around the park.

Reaching the sound three girls are laughing with their hair wafting in the wind. Their feet pound along the floor and a man chases them from behind. He catches the little girl who was trailing behind and he scoops her into his arms.

The other two girls carry running until they finally busy themselves with the seesaw and when I look back to the man and the girl he has his forehead pressed against hers and in the wind she hugs him tight, he smiles adoringly and presses a chastised kiss to her temple.

I lean on the fence watching them and the hole in my chest deepens, I wish I had my father with me right now. I don't remember much of him but I know enough to know that he had reasons for abandoning me.

It's not like he left because he could, he left because he had to and thirteen years later I have followed suit. Taking a deep breath I tear my eyes away from the man and the girl and trudge down the path once more.

A lonesome road to forever.

I reach the tunnel or more so a cave that acts as a bridge above and as I step nearer to the mouth of the opening I freeze as I hear the sound of someone yelling and the sound of a female whimpering.

I edge closer silently, placing my feet down carefully to avoid loose gravel and I lean into the dark. I squint and make out two dark shadowy figures but cannot identify any features.

"You were supposed to have the money last week. What am I supposed to do huh? Keep letting you off? Enough is enough Vanessa." A male voice growls and my eyes widen.