Chapter 13: Control

[Y/n's PoV]

As the days went by, I found myself unable to remove those memories and the feelings of sympathy that was building up inside my heart from my mind.

I kept on thinking about her and the brief encounter that the two of us had, constantly asking myself if I made the right decision in letting her go or if I should have done the opposite of what I did before.

The thoughts just kept on swirling inside my head as I was unable to shake off the lingering emotion within my heart.

The days I spent recovering while thinking of her and her memories only amplified the lingering sympathy which I was feeling deep inside me.

It was as if there was some sort of emotional connection between us two at one point in the past.

I couldn't remember much about her, yet I could feel as if the two of us have met before. It was like I was missing a vital piece of the puzzle that connected the two of us together.

"...I need to find her once more and asked her some questions myself."

"All the past memories that I'd been experiencing was all about her and I want some answers."

There, I had decided that once I'm fully recovered, I would once more try to seek out Kafka and confront her in order to get some of the answers from the lingering questions in my head that has yet to be answered.

"Moreover, she cannot toy with my mind just to place those memories inside my head nor the memory bubble since it's quite impossible for her to do that... Or can she?"

Perhaps it is all a matter of manipulation, and all of the memories and feelings that I was experiencing is just a result of Kafka's manipulation.

This thought only bothered me even more as I questioned whether or the lingering memories are nothing more than some form of trick to play with my feelings and emotions.

"...There seems to be no moment that I can't stop thinking about her."

The images and memories of her kept on swirling inside my mind without cease as it seemed that she had somehow occupied all of my thoughts and feelings.

It felt like my mind was under the spell of some sort of hypnosis, causing me to think constantly about her.

"No, wait- am I... falling for her? The target that I'm supposed to capture?"

I couldn't believe my own thoughts as I questioned myself on the possibility if I'm really falling for her, the IPC's most wanted criminal.

Yet the lingering feelings and emotions that I was feeling right now made it seem as if I am indeed starting to develop some romantic affection towards her.

I sighed, "Idiot..."

The idea that I am actually falling for her when my sole mission is to capture her has definitely struck me as a shock, and I was surprised that I didn't realize this sooner.

I then quickly grabbed my gun and my other weapons before heading out.

"I'm gonna find you and seek an answer for myself."

I was still unsure of what answer that I wanted when I see her, but I am determined to seek her out in order to confront her.

Perhaps in confronting her one more time I would finally get clear answers on the past that was troubling me right now. I couldn't afford to waste any more time as I set off to seek out her location.

This time, I decided to search the Dreamscape in order to find at least some hint or clue of her location. Yet my search came to no avail, as I was unable to find anything that could help me locate her in the Dreamscape.