Chapter 4: Predator And Prey

[Y/n's PoV]

I am now currently pinned to the wall by Kafka's arms and she is literally just a few inches in front of my face.

However, she still has that faint smirk on her face and hasn't said anything yet. She just simply smiles at me, as if she wants to enjoy the silence before she finally speaks.

"Did you really think you could just capture me that easily?~"

Kafka's smirk never left her face as she slowly moves her hand upwards until she is now gently caressing the side of my face.

"...."

I can't help but feel entranced by her touch as she slowly leans forward ever so slightly and whispers into my ear.

"Then you're wrong. Very wrong."

...Tch.

Kafka seems to enjoy the feeling of my intense glare as she continues to slowly lean closer. She keeps on caressing my face with her hands then brushes the sides of my neck.

My attempts to break free from her grip are unsuccessful, as she is still holding me firmly in place. I can't help but feel my heart pounding in my chest as she whispers to me again.

"You're from the IPC, yes? So they sent you here to hunt me down~?"

I scoffed,"As if I'm telling you that."

My attempt to appear defiant only makes her smirk wider as her lips are now only a centimeter away from mine.

"That's okay. I already know everything about you, my little hunter~"

"Y/n, yes? A high rank IPC, P46 and their most deadliest sniper. Moreover, what intrigued me about you is the path you've taken."

"One of the emanator of Lan the Hunt."

How did she...

Her detailed knowledge of me and the organization that I work for took me by surprise, especially considering the fact that I have never even met her before.

It appears that she is really well-informed about the IPC and this whole entire mission. She is also quite confident about the path I've taken, following the path of Lan.

"Oh, I am sure the IPC would be very pleased to know that one of their top hunters is serving Lan the Hunt. It must be quite ironic for you, right, my little hunter?"

My glare only intensifies before gathering my strength to break free. The attempt to pull out my dagger to attack her was quickly blocked by Kafka's sword. She seems to be enjoying all of this as she continues to keep her eyes locked with mine.

"You know, I have to admit that I do admire your bravery. It's quite rare to see an IPC have some guts."

"Tsk."

I just didn't say anything after that as we both engaged to a battle. Kafka seems to be pretty good at fighting in close combat as she matches my every blow.

She is quick and extremely agile, as she manages to avoid all of my attacks with ease. It looks like she is simply toying with me at this point, as she keeps on dodging and blocking my attempts to strike her. It appears that this fight is already in her favor, even though there has not been a clear winner yet.

We both keep throwing attacks after attacks, as each one of us is trying to gain the upper hand.

Kafka is holding onto her sword with a tight grip and she is not letting me have my way with her. I throw another strike but she manages to block it once again, followed by a counterattack of her own. The two of us are matched in both speed and skill, so this battle seems to be going on for a while now.