Chapter 7: Invitation

[Y/n's PoV]

The memory bubble suddenly comes to an abruptly end, leaving me with no further context or information about what Kafka and Elio's conversation was about.

I have heard them talk about a certain fate that Kafka wants to change, and that Elio had tried to predict another outcome in that memory. It was an interesting insight into Kafka's past and my curiosity to know more is growing stronger and stronger.

"...Is that all there is in that memory bubble? Are they no continuation of it?" I asked Dr. Edward.

The big round eyes glanced at me for a few moments before replying.

"I'm sorry, but unfortunately, that was all that was recorded in that memory bubble. It is quite unusual though, since I haven't remembered storing this kind of memory of the wanted Stellaron Hunter with me nor remember the person who sold it to me."

"...I see..."

The big round eyes only looked at me in an apologetic manner as it apologizes for being unable to provide a more complete or detailed memory bubble experience.

However, I felt like there is more to this story than meets the eye. Why was the memory bubble only showing me a small part of Kafka's past? And billions of people whose memory I could have seen in the memory bubble yet why her?

Dr. Edward remained silent for a few moments as I continue to ponder the memory bubble experience I just had. The more I think about it, the more I started to doubt Dr. Edward's explanation.

"Y/n!"

I suddenly feel a pair of arms grabbing onto my shoulders and quickly realizing it's Aventurine. I spin around to face him with a somewhat surprised and annoyed look on my face.

"...Ugh, what do you want?"

"Ugh?" He imitates.

The smug grin on Aventurine's face somehow makes my blood boil as my eyes continue to glare at him.

"What? You don't like me suddenly showing up in the dreamscape and interrupting you while you were focusing on something else?"

I only rolled my eyes before taking away his arm off my shoulder and walk ahead.

He lets out a huffy sigh as he watches me walk away from him and mutters some profanities under his breath. I didn't care though, as I was more preoccupied with the memory bubble experience I just had. Something about it doesn't line up quite right and I can't seem to put a finger on it yet.

"...Why are you still following me?"

I sighed and shoot Aventurine a glare as he seems intent on following me just to annoy me more.

However, I do catch the part where he says he wants to invite me to a tavern, which causes me to raise my eyebrow in surprise.

"What?"

I hadn't expected Aventurine of all people to invite me out to a tavern, so this was unexpected.

"Come on, a visit to this tavern isn't gonna take too long. I'm sure you'll like it, it's my favorite spot here in Penacony after all. It got really good drinks and the gentlemen and ladies there are really lovely." He said as he kept matching my pace.

"...Not interested. I still have a mission to fulfill and you shouldn't be slacking off from your task as well, you idiot."

Aventurine only shrugs at my reply, apparently not letting it deter him from trying to persuade me to go to the bar with him. He then replies right back at me almost in an annoyed manner.