Suspicions

A week went by and everyone in town was still impressed with Lila's theater performance. This was making the bounty hunters suspicious that Lila could be a witch or not but they need evidence to know if it's true or not. So Marinette hatched a plan.

It only made Adrien disagree with it, "No" He said softly before she gave him the look, "No! No! No!" He said before she still gave him the look, "No!"

"Come on kitty kitty," Marinette said.

"Seriously?! Her?! She's far too annoying it makes me wanna cough a hairball!" Adrien slumps on the bed, "This is gonna torture my nine lives before I'm haunted by embarrassment"

"Got any better idea then?" Marinette asked.

"Uggghh!!! Okay, but you owe me more fish if I do this. I'm not chasing another mouse again" Adrien said.

"Oh, come on. Pretend that Lila is the mouse you want to eat" Marinette said.

"More like a rat carrying disgusting disease spreading everyone's mindless brains. I hate rats" Adrien pouted.

"You like danger all the time" Marinette jungles the bell which triggers his cat instincts.

"Argh, not this emotional need!" Adrien groans and starts to act like a cat.

"You wanna be a good kitty for me?" Marinette asked.

"You got yourself a show, Purrincess," Adrien said.

"Then get your badass in gear and be fierce like a panther for me," Marinette said before jingling the bell.

"Alright! Alright! Stop" Adrien begged.

"Put this on" She tossed his mask over.

"I always wear my mask in public, Mari" Adrien said and put it on.

"Then become cute and adorable like a kitten you are. Everyone loves kittens and puppies" Marinette scratched his chin.

"Oh, you bet I will, milady" Adrien then kissed her cheek.

"High paw?" Marinette held her hand out.

"High paw" Adrien high-fives with her, "But you still owe me my nine lives"

"I know, Kitty" Marinette said.

-

Much later after one of Lila's performances, she was heading back to her coach while Adrien snuck up on her.

"Oh, an autograph? I heard so many things about you" Lila said.

"I'm in fact famous as the only catman around here" Adrien showed himself.

"Your ears? Are they real?" Lila asked.

"Yep, very real" Adrien pulls them to show they don't come off.

"So the story is true. You were cursed by a witch but a girl saved your life by defeating the first witch you both encountered? Everyone knows the great story" Lila said.

"It wasn't a great story, it was a sad story and yes, I was cursed by a witch as a kid. I stopped being a kid when I was 9" Adrien refused to remember it again.

"Have you ever dreamt of turning normal again?" A devious look appeared on Lila's face.

"No. Yes, but this curse made my life better to adapt and given the strength to honor my late mother and kill witches. I cannot go back to being normal because life always has a price to pay in exchange and I cannot wish that on anyone" Adrien said, remembering how he encountered a few witches to change him but also learned there's a price to pay if he became normal.