Chapter 40:And The Snakes Start To Sing.

Alan's P.O.V:

I ran out of that bus as fast as I could. I needed to get away. I managed to grab a knife on my way out of the bus. I couldn't be here, I can't be here. I just keep hurting people, even my best friends.

I stopped running when I got to a quiet street. I just walked down the street until it hit a dead end. There was a fence blocking cars from going into the forest so I climbed over and jumped down. I looked around and walked deeper into the forest. I needed to get farther so people couldn't find me.

Austin's P.O.V:

I tried keeping up with Alan but he was too fast and my heart started to ache. I stopped running to catch my breath. I needed to find him so I started walking.

He was nowhere to be found. Last time I saw him, he was running towards a street. I started walking down the street and I saw him. "Alan!" I shouted. He didn't even hear me. He was climbing over a fence, I watched as he jumped down then started walking deeper into the forest. I ran towards the fence and did the same thing he did. I needed to stop him.

Zundra's P.O.V:

As Tony held me tight I looked up at the knives and noticed one gone. I dropped my arms from Tony and got out of his grip. I looked in the sink and on the counters for the missing knife. It was nowhere to be found. Fuck.

I ran to my bunk and searched for my phone. "Tony! I can't find my phone! Call Austin and tell him Alan has a knife and to hurry up and stop him!" I shouted. He didn't even question me, just did as he was told. I started panicking, started finding it hard to breathe. I tried taking deep breaths but I just couldn't.

"He said he's catching up... Zundra? Are you alright?" He asks me. I shake my head and reach out for him. He grabs me and starts rubbing my back. "Zundra breathe!" He shouts. I try harder and he wraps his arms around me and slides down the wall, making me sit in his lap. He rocks me back and forth. I start calming down, start closing my eyes. I was ready for bed. I let my eyes close and let sleep take over.

Tony's P.O.V:

I thought she was going to drop to the ground so I grabbed her in my arms and slid down the wall to sit, making her sit in my lap. I rocked her back and forth to soothe her, it was working, she was calming down. I looked at her and her eyes were closed, she was sleeping.

I got up slowly with Zundra in my arms, bridal style. I carried her over to her bunk and laid her down. I was about to walk away when something in my head was telling me not to leave her by herself. I climbed in beside her and covered us. I wrapped my arms around her and held her close to me.

I know my feelings for her would never truly vanish, she was too perfect. I really did love her but she's happy and that's all I want, for her to be happy with a good life. Austin's a great guy, he's perfect for her. I'm glad she has him but it hurts to her with somebody who isn't me. It will never change though because she'll never have feelings for me. We're only best friends, thats all I'll ever be.

I started getting tired so I shut my eyes and let sleep consume me.