14.....☆

Jungkook pov,

"Wait, Taehyung," he halts, and turns to me, his face puffy and slightly pinkish as a result of weeping for a prolonged duration. I was shocked when taehyung broke down at my beat. But it didn't take me much Time to realize that it wasn't my beat that pushed him to wail.

If that's the case, taehyung would have stopped crying in five minutes or so.

However, I noticed him wailing quietly and being numb throughout the class and it indicated something else lays behind taehyung downcast mood.

And as a teacher, I wanted to help him the best I could.

"Come here," taehyung takes slow steps and pauses beside the wooden desk. Standing up from the chair, I move to his front..

"Sit," I usher calmly while tae shakes his head negatively.

"Taehyung, sit," I say again, and this time, stealing a peek at me, he walks to the chair and settles there.

Then I lean my back against the desk, facing tae with a gentle expression.

"Are you okay taehyung?" I blink when taehyung starts to sob, all over again.

"No sir..." His tears quickly travel down hischeeks as he answers.

"What's wrong?" I query earnestly, concerned at taehyung's state.

"Maths teacher...she beat me.." Taehyung stutters and continues to cry severely. Teachers usually do beat students and I'm pretty sure it's not the first time taehyung had received one. Hence there must be more to the incident.

"Go ahead..." I persuade taehyung and he stares down at his lap as hr tries to blurt out the next words.

"That teacher...she beat me on my back in front of every student," my eyes enlarges a bit at the revelation. The beat on the butt is reserved solely for boys but I've found that one too insensitive and hadn't ever imposed it on any students.it really is a disputable matter.

"I can't go to that class anymore, sir. I can't face those students without feeling ashamed," taehyung tells in his hoarse voice, his sclera turning rose with his profuse sobs.

"Taehyung, what she did was disgusting and unjustifiable. And tell me, why did she do that,?" Taehyung cries dissolve as he looks up at me, innocuously.

"She asked to solve a maths problem on the board but I didn't have any idea about it. She also was angry at me for always sleeping in class even after failing for four years frequently. The past is in the past sir...I want to change this..." I nod my head slightly, seizing at his words.

"What do you plan to do now?"

Taehyung shrugs very subtly, helplessness evident on his countenance.

"What about joining the school I'm working in? I could ask the teachers to give you more attention and assistance. But you should also be willing to co-operate with them for better progress and fruitful outcome,"....

Taehyung fiddles with his fingers, appearing to sink in my suggestion in his brain.

Four years in the same school and yet no improvement blatantly signifies that taehyung's teachers aren't supportive and don't have any hope for him.

Therefore, now the reasonable thing to do is switch the school and restart the process with better-aiding sources, which I could gladly provide to him If tae is ready to reform herself. And now it seems that he's willing to take the crucial step, which is why, I suggested this alter of environment.
A minute later, his lips parts.

"Okay, sir. I will talk to my dad about it. And I will definitely try my hardest this time to pass the exams." The hint of determination in taehyung's words provoked a smile to play on my lips.

"Now smile," I utter, wanting to see his normal
self. Taehyung shakes his head, the dull aura so obvious. Entering my hands into the pants pocket, I pick a lollipop. I have distributed the clothes, and candies to the small children earlier and had let them to their houses before the usual time.

And this lollipop was the only one that remained after allocation. So I just plopped it in my pocket. Looks like it is left out for a reason.

"How about If I lend you this?" I swing the lollipop in front of taehyung face and a wide smile touches his brims at the sight thought of it.

"Thank you, sir!" Taehyung grabs it without a second...

"Wait here," I tell as I recollect about the
slippers that I had bought for him.

Descending to my room downstairs, I pick up the sandal box and ascend upstairs to where taehyung is.

he has already peeled off the cover of the lollipop and is tasting it wholeheartedly. The pure joy and raw innocence on his face did something to me...
Ignore!
Shaking the absurd thought away, I saunter
Towards him and place the box on the desk.

"What is in it, sir?" Taehyung gaze curiously runs around the brown cardboard box.

"It's for you," squinting her eyelids, taehyungoffers a
thoughtful look.

"There's nothing dangerous in it, right?" Taehyung's serious query involuntarily earns a chuckle from me.

"No silly," he nods reluctantly, then placing the
lollipop inside his mouth, taehyung opens the box,
cautiously.

Once his gaze grazes over the black simple
sandals inside, a confused reaction strokes his face.

"Noticed your sandals being damaged," I shrug, placidly.

"Sir, is this really for me?" I nod assuringly at taehyung inquiry.

"Thank you, sir...I didn't ask my father to buy me a new pair because we aren't very financially strong and I didn't want to bother my dad. I thought to manage walking without slippers. This is unexpected sir. I don't know how to repay you for this..." I smile softly before responding.

"Just study well, pass your exams, and attend
college. Then get a job and look after your family. That's all I expect from you in return..."

Taehyung's eyes catches mine in a long stare, and I couldn't understand the emotion underlying.......
them.

It wasn't anything romantic, which I'm glad that
it isn't.

It's like an admirable look, one that you give to
the person you respect the most.

I clear my throat to break taehyung gaze and he
blinks back to reality.

"I will do it sir," taehyung nods
my way and drops the sandals on the floor,
sliding his foot in as he stands up from the chair.

"It's beautiful sir," taehyung grins, peering at the slipper.

"Hm...it's getting late. You should go now," ..

taehyung nods to herself and exits the room but before lowering the stairs, taehyung glances back at me. The unknown sensation hits me again, right in my chest but I dismiss it without much research.

To be continue.....☆