Episode 6: Lost Girls

Mystic Falls, Virgina: 1864

Stefan Salvatore steps out of his home, arms politely crossed behind his back as he prepares to meet the new guest that is currently arriving to the Salvatore estate by carriage. He was told about this person by his brother, and is now honestly interested, if not excited, to meet this woman for the first time.

His workers stand to the side as Stefan watches the horses stop, the driver calming the anxious creatures down before the carriage stops right at the front lawn of the estate. He then sets down a wooden stepping stool right in front of the door before opening it, revealing a ebony-skinned women who takes the gentlemen's hand and steps out. However, the next woman who exits the vehicle, is the most gorgeous woman the Salvatore kid has ever laid his eyes on. Her perfect olive skin, and red hair shine as her best features, especially when she then looks in Stefan's direction. She scans Stefan up to down and slowly smirks, appreciating what she sees from him.

Stefan then walks down the steps, approaching the girl with his face's best look. "You must be Miss Pierce." He notes as he crosses his arms behind his back once again, giving a polite bow in greeting.

"Please, call me Katherine." The woman introduces herself as she briefly holds Stefan's hand, bowing in return. During which, the man who opened the door, with rough hair and less expensive clothing quickly circles around the carriage. He briefly stops as he observes Stefan and Katherine for a brief moment, before then marching over and grabbing both suitcases that sit in the driver's seat.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, truly." Stefan tells her with a earnest smile, before nodding to his house. "Damon's been eager to see you before his next battle, come in." He then invites her into his home, which Katherine happily does. The man then steps next to the ebony woman, watching them both enter the house.

"That was easy, good for her." The man comments as he sets the suitcases down with a quiet chuckle. "Of course, I still don't think that this permanent trip will last, I give her a year before she eternally rests." He says with a hum, causing the woman to glance at him.

"You've been very cynical as of late, Lander." The woman notes, squinting her inquisitive eyes at him. "Why?"

"It's the end of the comet's influence my dear, soon, the earth will be met with glorious chaos." The man quips with a small smirk, looking up towards the sky with anticipating eyes. "Vampires have left more and more evidence recently. And my soul..... it's been changing..... less calm."

"Well, you better keep it in check." The women strongly advises with a look. "Comet or no, Katherine came here for a quieter life, as much as she can make of it, anyway." She reminds him, causing the man to burst out laughing.

"I'm no fool, Emily, I know what our 'mistress' really wants." Lander tells her with a look that shows it's knowledge. "However, I believe that it's not the Vampires that she should be wary of...." He comments, his eyes no digging around the Salvatores' massive estate.

"It's the humans...."