Making Manager

Alicia

Maurice and I finally made it back to my place after the studio, Shaunie said she would catch up with me later. I knew she was upset because Maurice was over. I get it, I had to make a decision which had my career hanging in the balance. I know he's not the best for me but he's been with me for a while and I care that he has gone out his way to try to get me noticed.

Maurice had me sing anywhere someone would let me, and I know it wasn't much, but it was something; it was a whole helluva lot more than what everyone else was complaining about and wasn't doing for me. Everyone was quick to tell me what was wrong with what he's doing, but they ain't coming to me with places I can perform and showcase my talent or radio interviews to do to get my name out there. I had to stick with someone who was in my corner; even though he would lose his damn mind sometimes, I always got him straight.

"Hey baby," Maurice said, coming back from the bathroom tossing a wet towel for me to wipe myself clean. "You felt so good, baby. You know how to really ride a nigga dick good as fuck."

I smiled as he handed me the towel. He leaned down and kissed me, his tongue quickly probed my mouth. I swung my legs around to the side of the bed where Maurice stood naked in front of me. He looked fine as fuck, and this nigga was mine. He was loving all this fluff and I was loving all of that caramel wafer that stood before me. His lollipop was still throbbing in front of me; I gazed at him and watched him lick his lips.

Just as I was about to stand up to wipe off, Maurice's phone rang and he instantly answered it. I rolled my eyes and wiped myself clean. Any chances of going for another round in the bed was out of the question.

"Wassup my nigga," Maurice spoke on the phone. "Nah, I ain't doing shit. What up? What's going on?" He said walking out the room pulling his shirt over his head. I could hear him laugh while he faded away in the background.

I wanted to go again and maybe cuddle a bit, but Maurice was on the same shit again which made me feel just like some ass to him. I know I got that 'good-good' but lately he's just been hittin' and quittin'. Especially when his phone rings, he seems to never miss a call, but ironically he missed my calls today.

I started getting upset because, it was important for me and he showed up late as fuck. I was so glad Shaunice was there because I would have lost it. She has been my rock since forever, and honestly I think she would be a better manager than Maurice.

"Hey Baby, I'm about to bounce. Something came up and I gotta go check it out." Maurice said as he gathered his shoes and socks from the floor.

"Wait, I thought you were staying the night?"

"Aww Baby, I was but then my boy, Carlos, called me and told me about this place that has a stage and I wanted to check it out."

"Is it some place I can sing?"

"I don't know. That's why I gotta find out." He put on his shoes and grabbed his wallet and keys.

"But why you gotta go now? It's damn near midnight, Maurice?" I was getting heated. I knew he was on some bullshit, but this is ridiculous.

"Well baby, I want to check out the crowd and see how packed it can get. I'm doing this for you Alicia, you know that." He said, kissing me on my forehead. "I'll holla at you tomorrow."

Maurice left so quickly, I didn't even get a chance to see him out the door. He said he was doing it for me, but at the moment, it didn't feel like he was. Maurice was doing this for Maurice.

Shaunice

I decided to hit up a new spot and see if I could do this manager shit for Alicia. She needed someone in her corner, because Maurice is on his own shit and not really worried about Alicia at all. At first I thought he was good for her, he was smooth, attentive and he looked like he was really into her. I was like she finally hit the jackpot with him. Until his true colors started showing his ass and I haven't trusted him since.