DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE 1

"Do you understand who Jaehyun Park is? I don't think you do sweetheart

"Do you understand who Jaehyun Park is? I don't think you do sweetheart."
...

It was a quiet day for Nair.

Surprisingly quiet.

It had been a year since the incidents with Hoseok and her and Jaehyun hadn't really revisited things. It just didn't feel right to ask Jaehyun certain things.

Plus, she didn't really care nor want to know why Jaehyun had Hoseok in a basement or what transpired after that.

Some things were better left unknown.

She had also had her last session with her therapist the previous week and it felt good. Lately, Nair felt more confident. More sure. Better also at coping when by herself. And better at establishing boundaries.

She had even started doing solo activities a few months ago. At first it was just going to the cinema but now, it was shopping, running errands and even going to her own appointments.

They were really big things to her.

She didn't really know what she wanted to do with her life right now but, she was happy living quietly.
...

Nair was leaving her nail appointment.

She had felt uneasy the whole day but thought nothing of it. She had days where her anxiety was better and days where it was bad.

Mrs Brown had advised her to just push through on days where her mood felt lower and do things she enjoyed.

So she went to her appointment as normal in the spirit of pushing through.

Between the entrance and the car park, the distance wasn't huge. And Beom would be right there. She would say they developed a friendship which at times made Jaehyun jealous. Ultimately he knew there was nothing to worry about.

She was just happy to be able to talk to men who weren't Jaehyun. When everything was done with Hoseok, she thought she would never be able to.

Nair almost jumped out of her skin when she felt a hand touch her shoulder.

She turned around with a hand to her chest looking in surprise at the tall male. He was quite attractive but, clearly no Jaehyun. His Korean features and blonde hair combination suited him.

Nair felt uneasy by the way he kept smirking at her. It's not like she recognised him.

At all.

"C-Can I help you," Nair asked uneasily quickly regretting that she didn't just walk away. Jaehyun and Beom didn't want her associating with strangers at all.

They were very strict on that.

"You're dating Park Jaehyun, right?"

Nair blinked twice. It's not like it was a secret but, herself and Jaehyun were very private. Boram and Jitae were definitely the public couple.

The only attention she had gotten was from being photographed once or twice with Baerona. Definitely not enough to work out that she was dating a certain person.

Nair tried to turn around to leave but the man stopped her dead in her tracks.

"He really must think he's the king of the world to have you walking around so freely."

Nair felt taunted. It was something in the tone of her voice but it made her agitated.

"What's wrong with me walking around? I thought this was a free country."

At this point Nair glared at the man. She just wanted to walk away without him trying to mess with her.

He knew what he was doing.

"Do you understand who Jaehyun Park is? I don't think you do sweetheart."

"Do you think you know him better than I do?"

The man laughed.

Nair knew then that he really was mocking her.

"Do you even know what your boyfriend did to Lee Hoseok?"

Nair froze but quickly tried composing herself.

"Jaehyun didn't do anything wrong... he's not like that."

She wanted to seem confident in what she was saying but, on the most basic level Nair knew that it was strange to have her ex-boyfriend in a secluded warehouse.

"You don't know him sweetheart," the man smirked.

"Why are you talking to me? I-"

"Becauseeee," the man paused caressing her cheek. "You're the easiest way to mess with him. Plus, I wouldn't want a beauty like you sleeping with a killer."

It was hard for Nair to process what she had heard. So much so that she couldn't even formulate a response. The man smiled at her horrified face before walking right by her.

Not before, leaving her with a message.

"Don't forget to tell Jaehyun that the weird man at the nail shop was Woo Sejoon."
...

Nair almost ruined her fresh nail set.

She could not stop her mind from racing. Surely it wasn't true. It couldn't be true.

Jaehyun didn't even move like that... she had been to his office multiple times. She had heard him on business calls.

To Nair there was no way Jaehyun could ever do something like that.

This was a misunderstanding.

"Baby, I'm home. How-"

"Jaehyun," Nair stopped him dead in his tracks causing the man's smile to falter a bit. He was hoping to cuddle with his lady but by the way her arms were crossed he knew that wouldn't be the case.

He internally sighed already knowing that the pout on her face spelled trouble. He just didn't know how much... yet.

"Don't frown like this, you're ruining your face," he chided kissing her lips.

"Jaehyun, we need to talk," Nair continued following him into the kitchen area. She waited until he finished drinking his water because she was worried about him choking.

"Ask me anything."

"And you promise to be honest?"

"I've never lied to you."

Nair took a deep breath before staring into Jaehyun's eyes. She didn't expect this interaction to turn her life upside down in the way that it did.

"Jaehyun... have you ever killed someone?"

"Yes."