CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Jaehyun arrived home completely exhausted

It had been a long day for him.

He had found out a lot about Nair that day. He didn't feel bad about getting information about her. It was either that or forcing her to relive something awful.

"J-jaehyn."

The small voice called out to the man from the entrance. It made him sad that she had been waiting by the door like that. He felt even guiltier about not staying.

Jaehyun wanted to make her to know he'd always come back.

"I told you I'd be back Nair," he reassured bringing the girl to a hug. His scent calming her nerves.

Nair really thought that after the morning, he would find her annoying and weird and not come back. She sat in front of the closed door the whole day panicking.

She didn't know how many hours she was there but she knew it was relieving that he walked back in.

"I-I know bu-but I acted like th-"

"You didn't do anything wrong... Nair. Everyone has their days. It's nothing to feel guilty about."

She nodded feeling warm. Whenever things like this happened, she'd be berated or hit by Hoseok. Her foster parents had hit her as well for acting annoying.

It felt calming not to be punished for something she couldn't control.

"Let's get something to eat, ok?"
...

Jaehyun had never been the domestic type but ever since Nair had moved in, he was settling into the role. He cared about her so, he wanted to take care of her.

It wasn't a side of himself he recognised but it felt natural.

It was a side that only naturally came out when he was around people he liked. Her soft demeanour just brought out the best in him.

He didn't want to be like everyone else in her life.

"Was it good," he smiled collecting the bowls putting them in the washing machine. It was a mixed rice recipe that he had chosen quickly but it turned out good.

Jaehyun liked cooking. He was a bit of a health freak. Cooking and preparing his own meals was an extension of being mindful of his health.

He also liked that Nair was filling out. All he could see was weight going straight to her as- Jaehyun tried thinking about old ladies to get rid of nasty thoughts.

"But I'm g-getting fat. Maybe I should start eating l-less."

Hoseok was always meticulous about her weight. He often told her that all she had were her looks. She didn't want Jaehyun to hate her by gaining weight and losing her looks.

"You should eat as much as you want," Jaehyun countered. "There's nothing wrong with gaining weight as long as you're healthy. I just want you to have healthy eating habits."

Hoseok had given her an eating disorder - Jaehyun didn't think his blood could boil more but, he was about to surpass his limits for a completely different reason.

"I... I don't want you to hate me if I gain weight-"

Without missing a beat Jaehyun had Nair sitting on the counter as he stood between her legs. His eyes keeping eye contact with her.

Nair's fingers instinctively reached up to trace his features. His tattoos, his eyebrows... his lips. Even the small piercing on his nose.

He was beautiful to her. She felt ashamed that sometimes she would just stare at him.

She felt greedy and wanted to keep him just focused on her.

She couldn't help feeling selfish about Jaehyun.

"Do you think I could ever hate you?"

The question lingered in the air as Jaehyun kissed Nair's cheek testing her reaction. His hands slid up her thighs resting on her hips as he brought her closer.

Nair felt herself get hot just because his hands were on her.

It was also the feeling of his lips travelling down her neck reaching her exposed shoulders.

Jaehyun tried to stop but it was getting harder to-

"J-Jaehyun you can't... I'm dirty."

That confused him making him halting his movements. He was confused by Nair's worried look. Nair's mind filled with thoughts of how dirty she was.

Jaehyun wouldn't want someone like her. She was dirty. Hoseok had told her that after they had sex... tthat no guy would look at her the same.

She didn't want him to hate her.

She was just a dirty, worthless slut- she didn't deserve Jaehyun.

"Baby, what are you talking about?"

Jaehyun's didn't want to be right for once. He wanted to be mishearing her.

"I-I don't want y-you to be mad at me... I-I told him to a-stop but he kept going- I don't want you to feel-"

"He raped you."

The statement more to himself than Nair nervously babbling in front of him. Jaehyun rested his head on her shoulders trying to ground himself before he lost it.

He didn't think he could hear anything worse.

Hoseok had raped Nair. He was the scum of the Earth. Jaehyun really wanted to make him pay it all back in blood.

"I-I know I'm just a slut, I don't deserve you b-"

"Don't say anything else," Jaehyun softly asked momentarily covering Nair's mouth. "I... fuck, Nair, I need to go."

Before Nair could register his words, Jaehyun left out of the door shutting it with a bang. Nair burst into tears wondering if she had done anything wrong but, Jaehyun had left more for himself than anything else.

The side of him that was angry and unsightly.