CHAPTER NINE

Today Hoseok was in a good mood and that made Nair relieved

Ever since the encounter in the supermarket, it seemed like Nair and Boram had gotten closer. Often texting and calling each other.

In reality, Boram was just worried and she wanted to stay on the phone with Nair for as long as she could. She knew that Hoseok wouldn't try to harm her if Boram was listening.

She felt protective.

Nair didn't seem like the twenty year olds she knew. They were vibrant, outspoken and happy to explore but Nair just resembled a scared child.

She wanted Nair to leave Hoseok but every time she brought it up, she felt like she was pushing her away. Boram did not want Nair to isolate herself at all.

"Wear this."

Hoseok threw a satin green dress on the bed. The dress being just a long milkmaid dress with bare shoulders.

Nair hated the style but, she had to wear what Hoseok told her.

"A-are we going somewhere?"

"Jitae said Boram wanted to have brunch with us."
...

Nair felt overwhelmed just like the first time she came to Boram's house. Hoseok lived in a nice, big home but Boram's house was definitely bigger in a gated community.

The architecture and decor were ultra modern with a cosy feel. Hoseok had let it slip that both set of in-laws had spent millions to get the house to their liking.

Nair still felt out of place in the midst of wealth. It's not like she had anything to her name. If Hoseok left her, she wouldn't even have the clothes she was wearing.

Usually when Hoseok and Nair met Jitae and Boram the reception was warm and animated but this time it felt different.

The whole thing giving Nair a bad feeling.

Jitae was looking at Hoseok with a look she couldn't describe and Boram was antsy too.

"Nair I just got these new heels, I really wanna see what you think," she smiled pulling her hand. "Jitae remember to talk to Hoseok about what I told you about."

"I will honey."

Just the sight of Nair next to Hoseok made Boram sick. She needed her physically away from him.

"Y-you have so many shoes," Nair gasped twirling trying to take in Boram's expansive shoe and bag closet.

It was bright and filled with many colours and designs.

Hoseok locked the closet with her clothes so she always obligated to dress to his liking.

"How have you been lately," Boram asked a bit worried. "You look like you lost weight, Nair."

"I-I was looking a bit fat before s-"

"You," Boram couldn't even finish her sentence before pulling the girl in for a hug. She wasn't fat at all - she did have a shape but even then, she was beyond petite. "Don't let him... don't let him say those things to you."

It clearly wasn't coming from Nair. Boram knew that Hoseok was breaking Nair's spirit beyond repair and it was killing her.

They were all older than her. Hoseok should know better.

Nair felt comfort in Boram's hug and her scent... before she jumped up at Hoseok aggressively calling out to her. Boram instinctively stood in front of the girl as Hoseok stormed into the room clearly angry.

Looking at how angry he was, even someone confident and assertive like Boram felt threatened. It was bad right now so she felt scared for how much worse this was behind closed doors.

It was disgusting to Boram that Hoseok was doing this to someone so small and fragile.

"What the fuck have you been telling them," Hoseok growled pointing his finger at the girl cowering behind Boram.

Nair knew she had to move because hiding behind Boram would make everything worse but... she was terrified. He had never been like this to her in front of people.

He always kept cool in front of people.

"What did you tell them," he screamed making both Boram and Nair jump slightly,

"Stop," Jitae intervened trying to push Hoseok away from a protective Boram and trembling Nair. "Stop shouting at them."

"You stupid bitch," he hissed, "you stupid slut. You told Boram I hit you?! When the fuck have I done that?!"

"Don't you dare fucking lie you bastard," Boram retaliated feeling more reassured with Jitae preventing Hoseok from coming closer. "I saw her face! I saw it, she didn't have to say anything!"

"I d-didn't-"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Hoseok stop! What is wrong with you," Jitae shouted pushing the man back. "Calm down!"

"Hyung she's lying," Hoseok exclaimed, "you have to believe me - I have never hit her!"

Nair felt her legs turn into jelly as she held on tightly to Boram for both balance and so that she wouldn't break down.

She could hear the familiar pounding of her heartbeat in her ears and... she was finding it difficult to breathe again. The lights were too bright and her vision was starting to blur with tears.

"I d-didn't say a-anything H-Hoseok," Nair choked out. "You have to believe me-"

It happened really fast but Hoseok's fist connected with Nair's nose causing the girl to stumble into a mirror in the room. The whole incident taking a second for both Jitae and Boram to register.

Nair felt lightheaded.

"Wait till I get you. I'm going to kill you, you worthless bitch."

It was calmness in Hoseok's tone as he sent a heavy threat and the lack of reaction from Nair as she stood up with a bleeding nose, that shocked the couple.

In panic Boram started frantically yelling for any staff to come and help her tend to Nair's nose. Jitae also infuriated called for the security in the house to get Hoseok out and away from his sight.

As soon as Nair was escorted to a toilet, she asked the lady helping her to give her some time alone. As soon as the door closed, she broke down crying.

She was embarrassed, humiliated and above everything scared.

He was going to kill her this time. She really needed help. Through the pounding of her head, she who to call.
...

"P-please h-help me Jaehyun," Nair hysterically cried pleading as soon as the man answered. "I-I'm scared. He-he's going to hurt me! He's really going to hurt me!"