CHAPTER EIGHT

Nair sat on the edge of the bed completely unsure of whether she was in or out of her own body

The only way she knew how to get through the last few days was by completely disengaging her mind from her body. At some points it was like she was watching herself be defiled by Hoseok over and over against her will from outside her body.

The gravity of everything was starting to weigh on the twenty year old but, what was she meant to do without Hoseok?

She had met him at a time where she was barely making enough to eat and pay her bills on her own.

Her foster parents had cut her off as soon as she could legally live independently. They had kicked her out on the street replacing her with a younger foster child rather quickly.

She couldn't afford higher education and her mental health affected her ability to even complete school work from a young age. She barely completed high school. Everyone told her she was always behind others her age and she struggled to do things on her own.

She just wasn't smart enough for further education.

She was vulnerable and blinded by a rich man like Hoseok even being interested in her. And Hoseok was purely interested in her beauty, she was the perfect person to have in his arms.

Her innocent eyes and plump lips. Her soft voice. The proportions of her hips and ass - for a while, Hoseok could overlook the fact that she wasn't going to put out because she was the perfect target for him to manipulate.

She needed him and he purposely made her overly dependant on him by controlling every aspect of her life from the moment they got together.

He restricted her to two meals a day. He chose her clothes - all designer items or branded. He liked her hair straight even if its natural state was curly. Her nails and toes always had to be done.

Also the constant exercise to the point she'd throw up. Her personal trainer was instructed to be strict.

To the point of Nair developing dangerous eating habits and an over critical view of her body.

"Why do you look like that? Smile."

Through the throbbing of her head and the doubts in her mind, she did just that. Nair had been in survival mode for the last few days, she didn't want to do anything to upset him.

"Wear this, we need to go food shopping."
...

Hoseok had his hand on Nair's leg the whole ride making her feel sick. She felt relief when the Lotte Mart car park came into view.

They got a trolley and got a few items. Hoseok got what he wanted and Nair kept quiet. She was desperately craving something sweet but Hoseok would never allow it.

"Hoseok!"

It made Nair stiffen that someone recognised Hoseok when she was praying to get in and out of the supermarket quickly.

She became even more self conscious to make everything seem perfect whenever people were around.

Hoseok lit up at the sight of the cheerful couple.

Jitae and Boram.

Hoseok had drilled into her head that she had to make a good impression on them. He deeply admired Jitae after all.

He had grumbled a few times that she should be making an effort towards being close to Boram.

But honestly, Nair was immediately intimidated. Boram was stunning with long dark hair and beautiful features. She was worried that like other girls she'd quickly find Nair slow and annoying.

Nair couldn't help but notice something interesting about Jitae. She was a bit taken aback by how similar he looked to Jaehyun. All he was missing were the tattoos and the annoyed expression.

She wondered if they were twins...

"You look like a true Korean celebrity in disguise," Boram joked making the attention shift to Nair. From the corner of her eye she could see Hoseok staring a hole into her. "Mask, glasses and hat like, are you hiding?"

"I think I'm coming d-down with a cold."

One of the rehearsed lines.

"Shame on you Hoseok for not forcing her to stay home," Boram tutted playfully raising an eyebrow.

Something about this couple wasn't right to her.

In her mind, there was no way someone could be this covered up in Korean July. Boram thought the girl was closer to heat stroke than a cold.

"What can I say? She wants to be next to me all the time," Hoseok gushed kissing the girl's cheek.

Boram did not miss Nair stiffening.

"Hoseok," she called getting his attention. "I need the toilet."
...

Nair exited the stall after doing her breathing exercises. She didn't know why Boram was looking at her like that but she was uncomfortable.

Just the thought of Boram not liking her made the familiar feeling of a panic attack rise and that's why she had to calm down.

"Your eye didn't look like that at the wedding."

Nair jumped back hearing the voice. Her eyes focused on Boram who stood there with a worried look.

"P-please don't tell h-him you saw it," Nair pleaded with a small voice moving to put her glasses on but Boram halted her movements.

The moment she grabbed her wrist, Nair to flinched and hissed from Boram pressing on the sore area.

That made Boram very worried as she started to examine her wrist and her face. She was bruised all over. Nair's dark skin took on hues of purple and red - some spots were swollen too.

Boram bit her lip becoming extremely anxious with the whole thing.

"Hoseok did this to you, didn't he," Boram confirmed slowly to herself feeling herself get angry and upset.

Angry and upset that she had missed it. She thought Nair was just shy but she knew even then, that it was too strange how withdrawn and quiet she was.

And she was only twenty. Practically a baby - the same age as her youngest sister. That made Boram feel worse that she had missed the red flags.

"I-it was my fault-"

"I'll fucking kill him," Boram stated turning to leave but Nair held onto to the back of her shirt. The trembling hands made Boram stop. She tried consoling Nair who was in full blown tears at this point.

"P-please... y-you can't say anything. I-it'll be worse."

"Nair have you seen yourself in the mirror?! Look at your face! Look at yourself next to him - practically shaking like a leaf!"

"He's all I have," she whispered with a pitiful look making Boram's heart break. "I don't have family. Hoseok is all I have."

"Look at what he does to you," Boram murmured feeling completely defeated. "Don't go home with him. Please, I'll help y-"

"Thank you but, I need to be with him."