Chapter 38

I scoffed. "Because you were so determined to get to Lilith after what happened months ago," I snapped. Kaylee, talk to us. Were your brothers?" Sam walked over, placing his arms around me and holding me in his arms. Come on, well, talk about this later, alright, let's get it over with." Sam pushed me still with his arm around me to the house. Dean walked in front of us, ringing the doorbell, and after much waiting, the door opened. "You Chuck Shurley?" Dean asked. "The Chuck Shurley who wrote the "Supernatural" books?" Sam asked. "Maybe. Why?" I heard him say. "I'm Dean. Thats Sam. The Dean and Sam you've been writing about. And apparently, you know our Sister." Dean turned to the side, revealing that I had been standing behind Dean the whole time. "Hi, Charles or Chuck, whatever your name is." I was leaning against Sam, who was still supporting me. "Kaylee, what happened? You disappeared all of a sudden." He sounded worried. "You broke up with me." I snapped, pulled my phone out, and showed him the message. "I didn't send that." Chuck shook his head. "Then who send it?" I growled. "Alright, calm down, Kaylee." Sam held me back while Dean talked to Chuck. He tried to close the door on us, but Dean put his foot in the door, forcing Chuck into the house. "See, here's the thing. We have a life. You've been using it to write your books." Dean grumbled at him. "Also, you broke my sister's heart," Dean added. "Now, wait a minute. Now, this isn't funny." Chuck backed away from Dean while Sam and I were right behind him. "Damn straight, it's not funny. It's our fricking Sister." Dean growled. "Look, we just want to know how you're doing it," Sam added. "Im not doing anything." Chuck tried to defend himself. "Boys, can you guys calm down, please." I held my finger on my temple, which I did when I got a migraine coming. "Are you a hunter?" Dean asked while Sam sat me down on a couch. "What no, Im a writer," Chuck replied. "He is, but something is still odd." I felt better sitting on one side while Chuck was on the other couch. Dean asked a few more questions about demons and changelings. "It's not a misery thing. We're not fans." Dean argued back. "Well then, what do you want?" Chuck asked; again, Dean and Sam said who they were. Chuck told us that Sam and Dean were fictional characters. "Chuck, they're not fictional; they're real, standing right before you." I snapped, finally having enough. Dean dragged him outside while I stayed in the house drinking some water and just sitting on the couch, and when the boys walked back inside, Chuck seemed lightly distributed. He drank some whiskey while Sam and Dean waited for him, and when he turned around, which I saw from the couch, he shrieked. "Oh! Oh, you're still there." Chck held onto the kitchen counter; I finally got up and pushed myself between my brothers. "Out of the kitchen, I talk to him," I whispered, kicking him out of the kitchen and closing the door. "And no eavesdropping," I growled as they backed off. Chuck and I sat down and had a long talk. He tried to explain what was going on with the writing and that what he wrote came to life. "Listen, I know you and I had a rough ending in our relationship, but I didn't know that you were the author of the books; I read all of them, not mentioning me... Why?" I asked. "I don't know. Somehow, my focus was all on Sam and Dean," he explained. "So I wasn't in the picture at all?" I asked, and he nodded. "Listen, Im going to find out who sent you the message, I promise, alright." I nodded, thanked him, and left the house, not finding the car anywhere parked, so I drove back to the motel and called my brothers, who joined me a while later for take-out food. While we ate, I told them what Chuck and I talked about; Dean and Sam listened while I spoke. "So he was just writing about Dean and me?" Sam asked, and I nodded. "Yeah." I nodded, munching on some fried rice. "But how does he know so much about us?" Dean asked, but I just moved my shoulders since I had no Idea. The next day, I received a frantic phone call from Chuck asking me to get to his house as soon as possible. So we returned to his house, and he opened the door for us. "You had a vision?" Dean asked while he paced before us, holding some pages. Chuck told us the chapter was about Lilith coming for Sam. "Why for Sam?" I asked, confused. "More important is when?" Sam asked. "Tonight." Chuck answered and read from the papers while I looked over his shoulder; it sounded more like a scene out of a porn movie rather than something Chuck would write in one of his books. I was worried that Sam would give in to this passion while Sam and Dean asked Chuck how he got those visions. We knew what to do, so we left the house, got into the car, and drove out of the city but were stopped at the bridge. While Dean talked to a police officer, I waited impatiently, hoping to get out. Dean turned the car around and told me we were staying the night. I followed them back into town to a diner, where we ordered. Dean had the manuscript, Sam and I ordered salads while Dean had the tofu burger. "What's wrong with you? Are you ill?" I asked. No, Im just taking the Tofu burger." Dean grumbled after the waitress asked him a few minutes later. Sam, Dean and I went to a Motel next, where Dean made Lilith-proof with hex bags.