Chapter 36

I looked over to Dean, who was drinking from a flask. Dean grumbled something, not hearing the conversation between Dean and Anna when suddenly, the barn door burst open. Castiel and Uriel walked inside, the door closing behind them. While Dean and Sam stood beside Anna, I stepped between Sam and Dean, protecting her from the two intruders. "Hello, Anna. "It's good to see you." Castiel sounded honest, but I didn't know what his intentions were. "How? How did you find us?" Sam asked, I watched Castiel who I thought after getting Dean out of hell was on our side but sadly I was wrong. "Dean?" Sam looked surprised at Dean when I looked over as well. He turned to face Anna and me. "Im sorry." he quietly said. "Dean, why? Why?" I shoved Dean hard against the chest before pounding on him, screaming at my brother betraying Anna, who stopped me right away, holding me back with Sam. "They gave him a choice. They either kill me or kill you. I know how their minds work." Anna looked over at Castiel and Uriel. Anna walked over to Dean and kissed him, which made me raise an eyebrow. "You did the best you could. I forgive you." she quietly told Dean, I somehow heard it making me build up questions even more. "Okay. No more tricks. No more running. I'm ready." Anna said to the Angels. "Im sorry," Castiel said. "You not. Dean was right. Your just dicks. Well, not all of you." I scoffed when Anna placed her hand on my shoulder. She gave me a light shake before turning back to Castiel. "Don't you touch a hair on that poor girl's head?" A voice behind us said, as we turned around two men and a bleeding Ruby appeared behind us. "How dare you come in this room... you pussing sore?" Uriel grumbled. "Name-calling. That hurt my feelings, You sanctimonious, fanatical prick." The demon holding Ruby replied. Demons and angels pulled out knives. I pushed Ruby behind a bail of hay. The Demons and the Angels had a little Name-calling battle before starting to fight, in which we couldn't do anything, keep out of it, when Dean walked over to the Leader of the Demons, hitting him with a crowbar. "Dean, Dean, Dean... I am so disappointed. You had such promise." Alastair said, attacking him. Ruby, bleeding on the other side of the barn, was useless, but suddenly, a bright white light came from somewhere. "Shut your eyes. Shut your eyes" Anna yelled, as fast as I could I dashed over her leaning over Ruby covering her with my body while I held my arm up to protect me from the bright light. When it was over I looked around but Alastair was gone. "You okay?" Sam was worried for both Ruby and me, helping both of us. "What took you so long to get here?" Dean asked. I was curious as well. "Sorry, I'm late with the demon delivery. They tortured me." Ruby answered. Sam and Dean discussed the plan to get the demons involved in fighting the angels, and as usual, Sam, Dean, and I relaxed with a beer in our hands after a hunt. We sat on the hood of the Impala, with Dean in the middle. "That was a close call," Dean muttered. "Again." Sam and I echoed in unison. We raised our bottles and clinked them together. I had to lean over Dean's shoulder behind him to reach Sam's bottle. Then I took a sip and asked Dean, "So, what's going on with you and Anna?" I asked curiously. "Nothing." I knew he was lying. "Sure, then how do you explain the handprint on the window? And the kiss in the barn?" I raised my eyebrow at him. "I saw it, Dean, the connection between the two of you," I added, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Leave him alone, Kaylee." Sam intervened.

"I know you both heard him." Dean went back straight to the topic of what happened at the barn. "Who?" Sam asked. "Alastair. What he said about what I had promised." Dean explained. "I heard him." Sam looked down on the ground beneath him. "You both not curious?" Dean asked. "Dean, im damn curious. But you're not talking about hell, and Im not pushing." I said, taking my hand off his shoulder. Dean took a sip from his bottle while Sam and I waited for him to talk. It depended on him. "It wasn't four months, you know," Dean said, looking between Sam and myself back and forth. "What?" Sam and I said at the same time. "It was four months up here but not down there. I don't know. Times different. It was more like 40 years."

Dean explained. "Jesus Christ." I let out a loud sigh. "They, uh... They sliced, carved, and tore at me in ways that you Until there was nothing left. And then, suddenly, Like magic, I would be whole again so they could start all over. And Alastair, everyone would come over at the end of every day. And he would make me an offer. Take me off the rack if I put souls on if I started the torturing. And every day, I told him to stick it where the sun shines. For 30 years, I told him. But then I couldn't do it anymore, Sammy. I couldn't. And I got off that rack. God help me. I got right off it and started ripping them apart. I lost count of how many souls." Dean made several breaks before stopping, going through his face with his free hand. "The -- the things that I did to them."

I placed my bottle on the hood, moving closer to Dean, hearing quietly crying. "Dean... Dean, look, you held out for 30 years. That's longer than anyone would have." Sam said on his other side while I touched his shoulder, comforting him.