Chapter 31

On the way, something bothered Dean, so we walked a different route to the house. Sam looked perplexed towards Dean while I was confused about what was happening. After showing our Batches to the neighbour, he let us in, and we sat down in the living room between all the reptiles he had in his house. I walked over to a huge-looking lizard sitting on a branch. "Is that a small dinosaur?" I asked. "That is an Iguana," he explained, walking over to me. "he looks so cool." I tilted my head when the Iguana turned ahead to look at me. "That is so cool." I mumbled when Dean pulled me aside and sat me between them on the couch while Mr Hutchins sat on a chair with his snake around his neck. "Monday, he was watching me from his window. I waved at him, but he just closed the curtains." he started to tell us. "Did you speak to him recently? Did he seem different than usual?" I asked. "Oh. He was freaking out." he replied while petting his snake. I was fixed on something else, not seeing that both Sam and Dean were freaking out. "Do you know what freaked him out?" Dean asked. "Well, yeah, witches." Hutchins explained. "Witches?" All three of us said that simultaneously; I looked at my brother, who was also surprised to hear that. "Well, "Wizard of Oz" was on tv the other night, right? And he said that green bitch was totally out to get him." he explained. "Anything else scared him." I asked. "Everything else scared him. Al-Qaeda, ferrets, artificial sweetener. Those pez dispensers with their dead little eyes. Lots of stuff." he continued. Dean was distracted, looking around the room. "So tell me. What was Frank like?" Sam asked. "I mean, he's dead, you know? I-I don't want to hammer him, but he got better." Mark explained. "He got better?" Sam asked. "Well, in high school, he was, he was a dick." Mark explained I was distracted by the snake still around his neck. "A dick?" Sam was confused. "A bully, the complete from you, Sammy." I whispered, and he nudged me to shut up. "I mean, he probably taped half the town's butt cheeks together," Mark said apologeticly before adding his was also taped together. "So he pissed a lot of people off. You think anyone would have wanted to get revenge?" I asked, looking back to Mark. "Well, I don't...Frank had a heart attack, right?" he asked, and we all nodded, which I saw Sam did from the corner of my eye. "Just answer the question, sir." Sam kindly said. "No, I don't think so. Like I said, he got better. And after what happened to his wife." Mark answered the question. "What happened to his wife?" Dean and I asked at the same time. "So he was married?" Dean added. "She died about 20 years ago. Frank was broken up about it." Mark explained. I looked down at my hands. "Don't be scared of Donny. He's a sweetheart. It's Marie you got to look out for." I looked up as Mark spoke. I followed when he nodded behind me. I turned, seeing an albino python creeping up from behind us. Dean's facial expression turned to fear while I was fascinated. "Hey, gorgeous." I got up from the couch while Dean was still terrified. The snake slid down onto Dean, where I carefully grabbed her and placed her around my neck. "You smell my brother, huh." I whispered, walking to the side near Sam, who shifted into a statue. After we were finished we drove towards the Motel, I was tired, while Dean drove after a meal in the diner. I was in the back seat of the Impala, half asleep and exhausted, but I woke up suddenly when something beeped loud and weird. "Do you hear something?" Sam asked, worried, when I sat up looking over. Sam had the EMF meter in his hand, moving it around until he moved it towards Dean, making it go off. "Am I haunted? Am I haunted?" Dean asked, scared. We went to the Motel, and the next morning, we drove to the grocery store. Sam and I left Dean in the Impala while we got supplies. In the middle of the store, Sam's phone started ringing, it was Bobby, while Sam was on the phone I continued getting supplies, he walked out before me, and as I walked out, I saw Dean lipsyncing "Eye of the Tiger" which was hilarious. "What's going on?" I asked as I reached the Impala. "Dean got ghost sickness." Sam told me. "The hell is that?" I asked, confused. "Some cultures believe that certain spirits can infect the living with a disease, which is why they stopped displaying bodies in houses and started taking them off to funeral homes." Sam explained, probably from what Bobby had told him. I walked around the car, reached in, and grabbed the doughnut box. "Okay. get to the good stuff." Dean listened, "Symptoms are you getting anxious." Sam started when Dean interrupted him. "Yeah." Dean mumbled, I took one out, Sam saw it. "Hey there Deans." he called, Dean turned around but looked for a second but turned back to Sam. "Then scared, then really scared, then your heart gives out. Sound familiar?" Sam asked. "Yeah, like the people dropping dead although they were healthy." I said with a full mouth of doughnut. "Yeah, but Sam, we haven't seen a ghost in weeks." Dean said anxiously. "Well, I doubt you caught it from a ghost. Look, once a spirit infects that first person, Ghost sickness can spread like any sickness through a cough, a handshake, or whatever. It's like the flu. Now, Frank O'Brien was the first to die, which means he was probably the first infected. Patient zero." Sam thought out loud. "Our very own outbreak monkey." I mumbled with another mouth full.