Chapter 37

Dean sniffed before continuing. "How I feel This inside me. I wish I couldn't feel anything, Sammy. I wish I couldn't feel a damn thing." Dean's Story made me tear up as well. "Oh, Dean," I whispered. I knew he didn't like being close, I knew he was thankful to be close to us. The following week was busy for us. We were heading from job to job, probably because the Deanean didn't want to talk and just got distracted by what we discussed. One of the Cases brought us back to one of our old schools where a ghost was haunting the school before Dean, Sam, and I went back on a chase for Lilith, which sadly had a tole on us; while Dean and Sam were dead getting help from a reaper named Tessa. Pamela came to help us and keep the boys alive. She and I got attacked by a demon; before attacking me, the demon injured Pamela badly, who sadly didn't make it. Sam Dean and I drove to Cheyenne, where we met with Ruby, who wanted to help us get closer to Lilith. Still, before we found a solid lead, I found a weird book in a store, which I showed Sam and Dean about two brothers traveling the country fighting demons and other monsters bumping the night.

Sam Dean and I went through all the books, reading them while we found out about the author, who wasn't easy to track. I concentrated on a very juicy part aboDeanean and a girl. "Kaylee, we're going to the Publisher," Sam told me. I immediately got up and followed them with the book. "You like hooked to the book Dean grumbled after I accidentally bumped into him. "Piss off, Dude." I walked past him to my car, placed the book down, and followed the boys to the house. I was skeptical about what this was about or if everything this writer wrote was made true. "So you published the "Supernatural" books?" Sam asked while we were standing in her house. "Yep. Yeah. Gosh. These books, you know, never really got the attention they deserved. All anybody wants to read anymore is that romance crap." she sat behind her desk. "Right. We hope our article can shine a light on an underappreciated series." I scoffed a little in the background. She looked at me, but I quickly looked away and thought about my part. "Yeah, yeah, because, you know, if we got a little bit of good press, then maybe we could start publishing again." she sounded disappointed with how the books turned out. "No, no, no, no. God, no. I mean, why – why would you want to do that? You know, it's, uh, such a complete series. What aboDeanean going to Hell and all?" Dean got right into being a "Fan" and getting out some information. The poor lady got right in emotionally, mentioning several occasions, for example, when we met Madison and Sam sadly had to kill her since she was a werewolf and a danger. Suddenly it got heated, I was in the middle stiring up the heat when she defended Sam aDeanean as her boys. "Oh, so you, your boys?" I asked, pissed. "Oh yeah, I've been with them since the first book." she said with a smile. "Well, I've been with them since I was four," I growled when Deanean pulled me back and, with a stern look, put me in Time-out. "Were big fans." I heard Sam say. "Have you read the books?" she continued. "Cover to CoverDeanean said while facing her, and Sam nodded. "What's the year and Model of the Car?" she asked before my brothers could answer. I pushed myself between them. "A 1967 Chevy Impala Black as the night and the best thing the brothers could ever own," I answered. Dean placed a hand on my shoulder, and as I looked into his eyes, I saw gratefulness. "What, May 2nd?" she continued. "That's me- Uh, that's Sam's birthday," Sam answered immediately. Sam chirped in right after Sam. "January 24th is Deans," he said with a big smile. "January 25th is mine, but you never asked,"

I added that she ignored me and turned to Sam. "Sam's score on the LSAT?" she asked. "One." Sam stopped for a second to look at me, Deane. "Seventy-four." he ended. after hesitating. "Dean's favorite song?" she asked. "It's a tie. Between Zep's "Ramble On" and "Traveling Riverside Blues." Dean answered, which I knew. The Publisher doubled down and finally asked what we wanted. Sam aDeanean begged, even showing her the demon protection tattoo. "Were big fans." Dean sweetly smiled at her. The Woman looked at me, so I rolled my eyes and moved my shirt to the side, revealing my tattoo. "Okay." she grabbed a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. "His name's Chuck Shurley. And he's a genius, so don't piss him off." she passed it over, but when I looked at the address, I knew that this address was the same as Charles's. Shit, I thought while we left the house heading out to the cars. "You gonna follow?" Dean asked, and I just nodded. We drove to the address, and I knew this could get ugly in seconds since Dean and Sam still didn't know it was the guy I was dating who was in Hell. "That's the house?" Dean asked. "I must tell you something before we go to the house." I waited while Sam and Dean looked at me, surprised. "What's going on, Kaylee?" Sam asked. "I know that guy." I nodded my head to the house. "How do you know him?" Deana asked angrily. "Because you were in Hell for four months while I was on my own. Sam didn't call or text me because he was hanging out with his demon." I scoffed, trying not to cry. Dean and Sam both were confused. "Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Dean asked.